Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: achewood town newsletter  (Read 2455 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
achewood town newsletter
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:52:33 am »

did anyone get/read this email? It seems that Todd is alive after all...
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:51:25 pm »

did anyone get/read this email? It seems that Todd is alive after all...

Damn that grey area between "the real alive stuffed animals that really live with Chris" and "the strip based on them"

Also, fila?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:43 pm »

How does one sign up for this newsletter?  This is the first I've heard of it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 02:56:36 pm »

(me too)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 03:18:16 pm »

I think if you've ever bought anything your e-mail gets added to the list. He sends out like 4 a year or so. It's mainly just a tease for new products and some kind of weird trivia game that makese no sense.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »

Shit, now I've got the urge to check the email pit these get routed to.

[edit]Well, a Hardy Boys self depricating reference and shoe throwing mixed with plushie gun toys.  That's about right. My Ray Prime Time Lime is getting ratty, maybe I should campaign for a reissue like the beef middle cat ringer.[/edit]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:30:12 pm by Sub_Topical »
Logged
We must repeat!

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 08:32:53 pm »

Here's the newsletter for those of you who've never bought anything (For shame!)

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe891d7673610c7e74-fdff10757067047e74107371-ff001671706205

Note the impressive serial code that no doubt tracks everything that happens to this link, be sure to click it a bunch and buy several items through it so that the exacttarget.com computers think I'm an easy mark.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:37:37 pm by evan »
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:38:45 pm »

I really like the newsletter. It's like a little Easter egg, and it's a great teaser for new crap that I want to buy. I do wish that he sold more stuff on eBay, I have him listed as my favorite seller on there.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 02:14:04 pm »

Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

As for Fila, Fila sweat suits are the over priced lounge wear of the wealthy.  It's the sort of thing P Diddy would wear when chilling before he had his own line of over priced lounge wear.  Basically a new age leisure suit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »

Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

As for Fila, Fila sweat suits are the over priced lounge wear of the wealthy.  It's the sort of thing P Diddy would wear when chilling before he had his own line of over priced lounge wear.  Basically a new age leisure suit.

Ah. I was aware of Fila shoes but didn't make the connection to track suits &c
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: achewood town newsletter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 04:57:54 pm »

Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

I got the newsletter once in 2005; maybe I have to buy something every year. That was the last time I bought something, though (the Achewater shirt).
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up