Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the song you lost it to.  (Read 4911 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« on: September 26, 2003, 04:45:57 pm »

your virginity I mean:

Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" as covered by David Usher.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 05:25:04 pm »

There was no music during "the act" but the last song I heard before we snuck out of the wedding reception was Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On."  My brothers-in-law were responsible for having it played, and we took it as our cue.

P.S.  My first car was a '96 Corolla, which I'm still driving.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 05:29:14 pm »

how very apropo!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 05:31:45 pm »

I'm still trying to think this one out. But I have this creepy feeling that it's going to be Yes, whatever I have to say about it.

silly Yes-liking significant other thing
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 05:41:44 pm »

Uh, I guess it was the Latin Mass.  My butt hurt for weeks!

Kidding!  I'm just kidding!

Actually, it was Ethel Merman singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 06:06:03 pm »

Gah!  My first car was a '74 Mercury Comet - my dad taught autobody repair so it was in perfect condition when I got it in 1994!!!  I never had sex in it - infact I totaled it before I lost the big V.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 07:46:06 pm »

Mine was an orange 2 door, it was a little more...graceful?  I loved it and everyone wanted a ride - in the car I mean!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 07:50:14 pm »

My first car was a 1972 Ford Torino.

I miss that car.  It was hella funky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 07:54:35 pm »

79 Cutlass Supreme, two-door in white wth the blue striping.. It ruled. I still see them once in awhile and think about getting one again.

As for the music when I lost "it". I think there wasn't any on. The most memorable sex/music combination I recall was George Michael's "Older" album and someone....well....long story. But Oh My.
Logged

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 08:10:14 pm »

This type of subject is not something a gentleman discusses in mixed pubic.
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 09:48:47 pm »

There wasn't any music playing during the act itself, but the most recent music that had been playing that I remember was Marillion "Kayleigh" - so thanks for bringing that horrible connection up. Also, JL's song should be mandatory for V-losing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 03:23:49 am »

Gah, I know it was your first time and all, but you couldn't last for more than one song? :wink:

Anyhow, for me it was Portishead's Dummy LP.  I recall the song Glory Box being of particular interest to both of us. It is a very sexy song and proof that my first coupling was grossly overplanned.

My first car was an '85 Tempo.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2003, 02:54:24 pm »

I don't recall anything playing at the time, but the post-coital music was Fountains of Wayne's first record (chosen by the other party). I love the album, but I thought it didn't fit with the occasion. Perhaps I should have taken that as a sign; it serves as a delightful metaphor for the relationship.

And I drove an 89 Toyota Tercel hatchback. Damn I miss that car.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2003, 05:13:20 pm »

Nothing during. Downside of doing it at her house, when she rarely listened to music.
I can remember a hundred things listened to the times afterwards but they don't count.
I do remember picking up a copy of Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II when it came out, since that was highly recommended sex music. Worked for some kinds.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2003, 10:18:39 pm »

My god, that '61 Comet is just a sex machine. Losin' it in that is a stone measure of good taste.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up