Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: the song you lost it to.  (Read 4894 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 02:28:32 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I do remember picking up a copy of Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II when it came out, since that was highly recommended sex music. Worked for some kinds.


Hmm....Worked for some kinds of sex? There's an interesting thread to explore...
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 04:18:12 am »

I don't remember, but it likely was Kiss, the young lady was seriously into Kiss and I had all their records.  But by that time I was over Kiss so it might have been Led Zeppelin, 'cos I was totally into them by that time.

I have clearer memories of the first time I got high on Pot.  I was at a friends house and we listened to Klaatu's Calling Occu##### of Interplanetary Craft, followed by BOC's Godzilla.  It's no joke people, life was awesome.  The first time I got drunk (on Shlitz Malt Liquor at age 16) I was listening to The Ramones first album which had just come out.

My first car was a '74 Plymouth Fury ex HPD cruiser purchased at auction by my next door neighbor (Father of my first timer) and sold to me for $400.00.  That was a great car.  It would cold smoke the tires all the way down the street.  It ran like a bat out of hell right up 'til the very second I t-boned it into a telephone pole.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2003, 12:43:32 am »

The first time my friends and I smoked pot, we were trying way to hard to set the right mood, so we put on a Woodstock CD.  I'm rather embarassed about that now.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
the song you lost it to.
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 01:28:27 am »

Well, the first time was rather unplanned (at least by me) and was in a semi-public place, so there was no music.

The second time I did plan it, and played... Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" which was a very popular album at the time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up