Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RPM Challenge  (Read 2520 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
RPM Challenge
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:23:38 pm »

I know there are a couple of other musicians at least on here... Anyone else taking part in this?
www.rpmchallenge.com
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 12:23:37 am »

shit. these guys I know basically just did that.

I'm kind of obsessed with them, and I want to be their friend.
Their band is like...
Captain Beefheart and Gordan Gano (of the Violent Femmes) singing for a country band... with crazy spastic experimental drums. The lyrics are terrifying, the banjos are twanging, the lap-steel is singing...
so good.

and they just made a CD. Every time I have seen them, they have said "these are all new songs." And they have been.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:09:14 am »

theinevitable-- do they have any stuff online?  I am intrigued.
Logged
~

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:15 am »

jesus christ inev you just described the greatest f*cking band of all time
i need NEED to konw NEED who they are
can you at least post an mp3 or something?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:09:20 am »

can you at least post an mp3 or something?

Yea, it sounds like it was potentially worth starting this thread just to discover this! Where where where?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 07:01:38 pm »

they are right here in St Louis. They said at their last show that they have a CD, and that they just don't have any copies yet.

this is their myspace but I haven't heard any of the songs on it. I think the drummer guy might be a new addition-- and that girl singing... I have no idea who that is. I like that song when the guy sings it.

I am going to be so mad if they turn out being one of those bands that can't record well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:34:37 am »

That's good shit.  myspace, however is ugly as ever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: RPM Challenge
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:46:21 am »

I kind of made a song with my friend Bryan. It is kind of a lo-fi guitar-pop thing. He is going for the cute and overly-sincere thing, it is for his girlfriend for valentine's day. He is working on putting on the lyrics-- but my off-beat, crappy fake surf guitar part is pretty cool.

except that it is a weird rhythm, a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up