Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm just that guy, you know?  (Read 6892 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
I'm just that guy, you know?
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:21:57 am »

Hi.

My name isn't actually Bjorn, I'm not Scandinavian, nor a Viking. I come from the San Francisco Bay Area, and I work at a pirate store.

I basically have been reading Achewood for a long time, and it is hell of sweet. I look forward to having deep conversations over important things. It will be awesome. We will learn to explore the depths of our minds and come up with fantastic magical gems of thoughts.

Sometimes, we will be angry at each other. This is okay. Because anger is a natural thing which we can easily resolve by taking deep breaths after cleaving our axes in the skulls of our enemies but before pulling out the stuck axe from that person(s) cranium.

I look forward to having deep conversations.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:26:07 am »

So, in truth, you are actually Bjorn-free?

Welcome aboard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:37:29 am »

A pirate store?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:42:53 am »

And yeah. Bjorn-free. Oh the bitter irony.

San Francisco's only independent pirate supply store.

I suppose this means that there is also a chain of pirate supply stores in San Francisco, but I don't know where they are.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 03:07:34 am »

It must be this because, having just an hour ago refused to believe there was such a thing as a pirate store, I must at least still refuse to believe there is more than one pirate store in any one city.

Nice puffergiraffe!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 03:27:32 am »

A pirate store?

Oh, way to beat me to the punch on the incredulous disbelief front.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 03:34:55 am »

No wait, even better: It's a pirate store that's a front for a writing center.

I'm so confused that I have to go to bed now, but not before I print out some of those "Captain Rick" signs and take them to work at the aquarium and post them around the desk of the person named Rick.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:38:57 am »

It is good to use lard for making pie crusts.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 03:44:07 am »

3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Now multiply from ten, backwards!
Logged

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 03:58:31 am »

No wait, even better: It's a pirate store that's a front for a writing center.

I'm so confused that I have to go to bed now, but not before I print out some of those "Captain Rick" signs and take them to work at the aquarium and post them around the desk of the person named Rick.

I work at said writing center as an intern. It is an honorable job that brings my house prestige. I am experienced at collating xeroxed documents, and making facsimile machine cover sheets, and making coffee runs.

Now multiply from ten, backwards!

I've had that ddogamn song stuck in my head for the last forty-eight hours, and I am on the verge of murdering an individual. You do not know what it is like to hear the times tables for the number three done in verse in your mind. Over. And over. And over.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:24 am »

Somewhere in the ancient, mystic trinity I'm giving you both a can.

Or three.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 07:42:16 am »

Hi.

My name isn't actually Bjorn, I'm not Scandinavian, nor a Viking. I come from the San Francisco Bay Area, and I work at a pirate store.

I basically have been reading Achewood for a long time, and it is hell of sweet. I look forward to having deep conversations over important things. It will be awesome. We will learn to explore the depths of our minds and come up with fantastic magical gems of thoughts.

Sometimes, we will be angry at each other. This is okay. Because anger is a natural thing which we can easily resolve by taking deep breaths after cleaving our axes in the skulls of our enemies but before pulling out the stuck axe from that person(s) cranium.

I look forward to having deep conversations.

If you pray to Jesus maybe he will retroactively make you a Viking. Then you can be Bjorn-Again
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 09:42:06 am »

Hi.

My name isn't actually Bjorn, I'm not Scandinavian, nor a Viking. I come from the San Francisco Bay Area, and I work at a pirate store.

Notice how he neglects to mention that he is not a destroyer.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 03:36:07 pm »

I've had that ddogamn song stuck in my head for the last forty-eight hours, and I am on the verge of murdering an individual. You do not know what it is like to hear the times tables for the number three done in verse in your mind. Over. And over. And over.

OK, I'll bite. What song?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just that guy, you know?
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 03:46:12 pm »

I think that I have heard of this place on the radio. Yes-m. I definitely have.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up