Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: (6th of February, 2007) A German who gets so bored by his haircut that he dies.  (Read 18056 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

I think we should all get ham radio licenses and make up a 12 code, and just start spitting em out over the lines, like 12-1 would be that there is a new achewood comic, and 12-12 would indicate that Roast Beef was shot again, and 12-20 would be that the cartoon contains some sort of genitalia.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

V-Adore

  • Guest

I think we should all get ham radio licenses and make up a 12 code, and just start spitting em out over the lines, like 12-1 would be that there is a new achewood comic, and 12-12 would indicate that Roast Beef was shot again, and 12-20 would be that the cartoon contains some sort of genitalia.

"12-17! I repeat: 12-17! EMERGENCY man-douching!"
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Wait, you are supposed to help people but also keep the evidence in mind?  That doesn't seem very cool.

You party people get alot of shootings?
Patient care is my first priority, but there are basic things I can do to help the investigation: don't let rape victims (male or female) wash until after we get them to the clinic and the attending physician says it's okay. Don't cut through bullet holes if you have to cut someone's clothes off, cut around the bullet holes so you preserve the evidence for forensics. Don't move stuff in a crime scene unless you HAVE to. If you do have to move something, let an officer know. Basically, just get in there and remove the patient to safety as efficiently as possible.

We usually just get fights, industrial accidents, and medical emergencies out here, but we have shootings and stabbings occasionally. Living in a rural area with no hospital, no blood products, and a 3 to 4-hour ride to Anchorage in GOOD weather if the plane is already on the ground...you hope for as few cases (trauma or medical) as possible. Our nearest burn center is Seattle...it'll be kind of nice to get back to civilization.

I always used to worry about this when I worked at the zoo. I feel so much better to know that brave sexy emergency personnel also are concerned about sounding like doofuses on the radio.
omba, I love you! :)

I think we should all get ham radio licenses and make up a 12 code, and just start spitting em out over the lines, like 12-1 would be that there is a new achewood comic, and 12-12 would indicate that Roast Beef was shot again, and 12-20 would be that the cartoon contains some sort of genitalia.
Ha ha, tiny can.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

My Chevy doesn't do any of that fancy auto-locking stuff, but it does have the handy feature of auto-unlocking the driver's side door if the engine is off and the key is still in the ignition.  I imagine this is probably a standard feature by now, though.  Somehow I have still managed to lock my keys in the car before on a couple of occasions.

Here, I don't have to worry about that stuff. People made fun of me for automatically locking my car doors out of habit when I first moved here. Of course, people don't tempt fate either...people who have really nice cars lock them.

Recently, a friend made fun of me for automatically putting the parking brake on after I had parked on a piece of perfectly level ground.  My mom is of the belief that Americans just don't do parking brakes, period.  Is this so?  My own observations so far suggest that it is.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

there was a really good moment in my english class senior year where I made fun of people who use the parking break every time, and every single person there said "um, do you not do that? that is idiotic!"
So I think maybe most people do that.
Or rather, most people recently out of driver's ed. I still do it all the time, now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

I only do it on standards or if I am on a mountain.

I don't know if it is grounded in truth, but for somereason I always use the parking brake on a standard and basically never for an automatic.  Is there a reaon for this? 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

I only do it on standards or if I am on a mountain.

I don't know if it is grounded in truth, but for somereason I always use the parking brake on a standard and basically never for an automatic.  Is there a reaon for this? 

I leave my truck in gear when I shut it off so that it's harder for it to roll, but I still set the emergency brake unless I'm in a perfectly level parking lot. However...in Denver, I almost always set the e-brake no matter where I was.

Automatic transmissions...I set the e-brake if I'm parked somewhere that has the potential for it to roll, like on an incline.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

In my manual vehicle, I always use the parking brake.  In my automatics, never. 

That's just how I roll.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

In my manual vehicle, I always use the parking brake.  In my automatics, never. 

That's just how I roll.

Or how you prevent rolling, as the situation warrants.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I always set it.  All of my cars have the lever-between-the-seat variety, so I never even have to think about it.  Its just one of those rote movements: ignition off - set brake - open door - get out - toss keys to make sure I don't lock them inside.

Getting in is also pretty automated: slide in - foot on brake pedal - (shutting door simultaneously) release parking brake - release clutch - crank ignition.  Takes about 3 seconds to execute.  I'm probably a goner if the assassins rig a car bomb to my ignition.  No time to really notice anything amiss.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

I always set it.  All of my cars have the lever-between-the-seat variety, so I never even have to think about it.  Its just one of those rote movements: ignition off - set brake - open door - get out - toss keys to make sure I don't lock them inside.

Getting in is also pretty automated: slide in - foot on brake pedal - (shutting door simultaneously) release parking brake - release clutch - crank ignition.  Takes about 3 seconds to execute.  I'm probably a goner if the assassins rig a car bomb to my ignition.  No time to really notice anything amiss.

Anybody thinking of bumping off jaydub?  Because now we have the perfect way to do it. 

Man, sometimes the internet really creeps me out. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I am so automatic about starting my car that, when driving my mother's car, I always kick at the floor when I get in.

That is where you should put the detonator for your device-- that is where the release for the parking break in the car I drive is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

Dodge Truck - Auto, parking brake pedal on lower far left floor, ignition on steering column
Dodge Neon - Auto, parking brake handle in center, ignition on steering column
Jeep XJ - Auto, parking brake handle in center, ignition on steering column
Porsche Boxster - Manual, parking brake in center, ignition on console left hand side

I've gotten used to all the other little changes but I will never adapt to needing to have my keys in my left hand when I slide into a car. Is this how left anded people go through life, where everything feels like it's on the wrong side?

ALSO: I always use the parking brake. I figure manual or auto, it's not good to have 3-4 thousand pounds applying steady pressure against your locked unlubricated transmission gears/bands/cones. Very rarely do you park on an absolute flat, the car always settles against the tranny in one direction or another. Shit's expensive to replace any sooner than need be.
Logged
We must repeat!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Anybody thinking of bumping off jaydub?  Because now we have the perfect way to do it. 

Man, sometimes the internet really creeps me out. 

Maybe I'll have to work inspecting the underside of the car with one of those extensible dental-mirror thingy's in.  I already use multiple routes when driving between my common venues

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential

Quote from: Sub_Topical
I've gotten used to all the other little changes but I will never adapt to needing to have my keys in my left hand when I slide into a car. Is this how left anded people go through life, where everything feels like it's on the wrong side?

Pretty much.  Doesn't that just make you all feel terrible about how you've treated us?  The reckoning is near dextrous masses.  The sinister forces of... uh.. sinistrism are creepin on your asses.  Better watch yourselves.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up