Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, JL.  (Read 4543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Happy Birthday, JL.
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:35:26 am »

You live in the state I consider to be my Home State. You are wonderful and funny and nice. You have a cute child. You were a founder of this very board.

I might have a crush on you. Especially today, this day of days-- your birthday.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:04:41 am »

Nicely said, InEv.

I can't think of anyone that deserves a more awesome day today than you, JL. Have a good one! Happy Birthday.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:56:04 pm »

We know Pedro likes to spend his birthdays in bed, what about JL?
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:05:46 pm »

Don't you dare post today. Happy b-days spent with real people.
Logged
We must repeat!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 02:21:47 pm »

Happy Birthday!

And can I just say again how happy we all are that you came back to us!

Cheers!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:05:43 pm »

Don't you dare post today. Happy b-days spent with real people.

Just a little?  Please? 

It is only 10 AM and I have had an awesome birthday.  I am sitting at my kitchen table in silk pajamas with a cup of coffee and a laptop reading about how much people like me.  How cool is that? 

But I guess I'm getting old, because today isn't anything particularly special.  I'm getting together with three other people with late January/early February birthdays next Thursday for an ice cream social, and tonight I'm having dinner with my mom and dad.  (She's making keilbasa, which she had to bring South from Toledo in a cooler because you can't get real keilbasa here.  It's a special treat.)  Also I might get to go to lunch with my best friend after Little P's speech therapy. 

But really, that's nothing compared to getting to hear the voices of all my favorite imaginary friends. 

Although I have to say, Little P gave me the best birthday present of all this morning.  Eight continuous hours of uninterrupted sleep.   ;D
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 03:22:18 pm »

Happy birthday! Man, I don't know how you parent-types manage to make it through without much sleep... 8 hours, that's splendid for a kiddo his age.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 03:33:13 pm »

Happy birthday!

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 03:36:53 pm »


Although I have to say, Little P gave me the best birthday present of all this morning.  Eight continuous hours of uninterrupted sleep. 

Lucky woman! I wish my evil little dogs would do the same for me once in a while. Happy birthday!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 04:00:55 pm »

OK JL, we can relax the rule just a little. Be better if we were using the phone like that one year, though.

Little dude must've known it was a b-day to give you a nice present like that. Mine wanted to play from 3 to 4 am.

Happies!
Logged
We must repeat!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 04:06:38 pm »

Happy Birthday!

Do we get phone calls this year?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 05:31:51 pm »

OK JL, we can relax the rule just a little. Be better if we were using the phone like that one year, though.

...do I know you under another name? 

Thanks for the terrifying birthday image, Choop! 

Also I forgot to thank inev for the crush.   :-*

If anybody wants to call me, that would be cool.  I have verizon so if you're "in" (damn I hate that phrase) you can call for free.  I'm a little nervous about posting my number here...but I won't be online much more today.  So I will post it in invisible ink and delete it before I go to bed tonight as long as you promise not to abuse this information. 

Everybody promise? 

Uncross your fingers, Jough. 

 --> too late! <--
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:18:31 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 05:52:29 pm »

Dear JL,

As a new member of these forums I cannot claim to know you well and would feel awkward placing any sort of telephone call to you; however research has shown that you must be the founder(?) of these boards, and you seem to be a worldly person of good taste, even though you live someplace without kielbasa, which I will not hold against you. Today on this day of your birth, I wish you a good time with your family, and many more fruitful years ahead of you, so that someday when we have submit to our mechanical overlords we may be celebrating your 290th birthday.

Basically what I am saying is congratulations.

Sincerely,
Bjorn the Destroyer
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 05:58:34 pm »

Dear Bjorn:

Thanks.  But you and the others would do well to remember that MY user number is 2.  There is one still more powerful than I, and he is wrathful and vengeant. 

Also he lets me pretend I run things.  But I'm more of a figurehead than anything these days, just someone who's been around since small times.  Still, it's nice to feel like people miss you when you go away. 

 -- jl
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, JL.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 06:11:03 pm »

Dear Bjorn:

Thanks.  But you and the others would do well to remember that MY user number is 2.  There is one still more powerful than I, and he is wrathful and vengeant. 

Also he lets me pretend I run things.  But I'm more of a figurehead than anything these days, just someone who's been around since small times.  Still, it's nice to feel like people miss you when you go away. 

 -- jl

Well, technically it's 3, as 1 is reserved by the board software. But perhaps I'm being too anal.

Anyway, may you get 8 hours of uninterupted sleep tonight preceeded by 3 hours of nookie. And may you go the whole day without needing to type or think:  *weeps*
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up