Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't wear a cape! (09-26-03)  (Read 5884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! (09-26-03)
« on: September 26, 2003, 05:17:07 pm »

My God!  I am sore from laughing.

"To look like some guy whose license plate says RENFAIR?"  I squirted iced tea out my nose.

By the time I got to "You're the biggest asshole I know!", tea was seeping from my pores.

Pat's eyebrows in the last frame made me look like a dang iced tea garden sprinkler.

I guess I'm just feeling "Eight Miles High."

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:13:23 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape - 9/26/03
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 05:19:06 pm »

Talk about twists you don't see coming.  That's what I love about Achewood.

Also, I've spent the last few weeks listening to the Byrds like crazy, so the synchronicity here is freaking me out a weensy bit. :shock:
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape - 9/26/03
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 05:21:27 pm »

Oh, crap.  Sorry, we've got two of these.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Don't wear a cape!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 05:22:40 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
My God!  I am sore from laughing.


::Rolls around uncontrollably laughing and spilling inestinal juices from the gaping splits in my side::

Renfair...

Excellent!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 05:22:51 pm »

Back to the music - YES!  Also I see no alt text?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 05:26:46 pm »

Pat's expression in the last panel is gold: so... earnest. So genuinely concerned about the wheels of greed and lust, whatever those are. And I love Ray's total confusion -- at least, his confusion until he figures out how to make money from Pat's newfound Niceness.

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 05:30:05 pm »

I didn't catch that Pat's bunny was walking beside him till my second read.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 05:30:29 pm »

That first panel is pure and beautiful, like Nancy at it's best (references here).
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 05:30:35 pm »

Come on people. The best part was Ray just yelling "don't wear a cape!" without even a "hey" or "what the hell are you doing?" That's vintage Ray, my friends.

I'm supposed to go to the Maryland Ren Faire next weekend. I have a costume.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 05:31:10 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


*snorts orange soda out her nose*

I'm half tempted to make that your rank, because it is so awesome.  But then nobody would know what comes after "Todd" for a long, long time.  So instead, I'll just say:

You...are...rad!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 05:37:10 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


*snorts orange soda out her nose*

I'm half tempted to make that your rank, because it is so awesome.  But then nobody would know what comes after "Todd" for a long, long time.  So instead, I'll just say:

You...are...rad!

Aw, garsh. But... there, honorary title change.

Honestly, it's not that big of a loss; I think I may be able to live without a rank that suggests that not only did suckin' dick buy my van but that I am the sort of person who would refer to the act as "ye oldyn fellatioe."

... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 05:42:45 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)


I have a walking stick too. It has a wizard's face carved in it. I'm so ashamed.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 05:43:52 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 06:04:43 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage


Ye Olde Colonial Buggery and Fudge Packynge Shoppe?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2003, 06:17:03 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage


Ye Olde Colonial Buggery and Fudge Packynge Shoppe?



Ha, Ha so funny!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up