Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't wear a cape! (09-26-03)  (Read 5882 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 06:38:10 pm »

OK, so if you guys haven't heard Bill Bailey's Chaucerian three-men-in-a-pub joke you sooo must now!

OK. http://www.canadian-studies.net/slink/bb-threemen.mp3
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 11:11:44 pm »

That little bunny is the cutest thing ever.

That Ray sure is mean to his good friend Pat.  I hope Pat's recording career is successful.
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2003, 04:25:30 pm »

Pat has transmogrified into Robert Hunter. No good can come of this.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2003, 06:12:11 pm »

Are you referring to Robert Hunter songwriter for The Grateful Dead?  Are those Dead Lyrics Pat is singing?

I should know this.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2003, 10:11:49 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)


I have a walking stick too. It has a wizard's face carved in it. I'm so ashamed.

You're forgiven. This time.

I sorta want a cape too.
Logged

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2003, 11:40:12 pm »

It's fun to pretend that wizards and magic and stuff is real.  You're not at all lame.  You are super-neato!
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2003, 01:00:48 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Are you referring to Robert Hunter songwriter for The Grateful Dead?  Are those Dead Lyrics Pat is singing?

I should know this.

~Paul


No, they aren't Dead lyrics.  And Robert Hunter's lyrics aren't all nicey-nicey and hokey like that.  Harrumph.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2003, 03:56:33 am »

Quote from: "augustwest"
Robert Hunter's lyrics aren't all nicey-nicey and hokey like that. Harrumph.


I do know that.

What I still don't know is why Doomglobe thinks Pat has transmogrified into Robert Hunter.  Since you've only partly answered my question August, i'm still not satisfied so i'll restate it.  Doomglobe, who are you referring to, if not the famed lyricist for the Grateful Dead?

Thank You

~Paul

[copyrighted material removed]
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up