Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: b o o k ;  (Read 4044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 01:15:11 am »

Schott's Almanac will get you caught up with most of the knowledge in the world.
A Brief History of Economic Genius will teach the history of economics in a humorous and easy way.
The Intellectual Devotional is one page lessons on topics in history, science, philosophy, music, and religion. This book has led to me hyper-wikipediaing 500 different topics.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 03:05:01 am »

Speaking of wikipedia, did you hear that a "a tenured professor of theology" at a private university in the eastern United States" who claimed to teach both undergraduate and graduate theology, and also claimed a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies (B.A.), Master of Arts in Religion (M.A.R.), Doctorate of Philosophy in Theology (Ph.D.), Doctorate in Canon Law (JCD).'

...and then, not being content with being an administrator on Wikipedia, the dumbass accepted a job offer from Wikia, where they realized that he was a lying sack of shit.

The "professor" ended up to be a 24-year old college dropout from Kentucky.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 04:42:13 am »

And hen he said he did it because he was concerned that he would get stalked, and so he invented this backstory to throw people off. Odd he didn't say he was a plumber from Des Moines.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 05:34:48 am »

What does being from Kentucky have to do with it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 06:29:21 am »

What does being from Kentucky have to do with it?

It just adds to the yokel patheticness of pretending to be a hotshot player in academia.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 03:18:10 pm »

Um, I'm trying not to take offense at that...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 04:20:50 pm »

I'm glad I used Des Moines in my example.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »

Um, I'm trying not to take offense at that...

I am pretty sure you are joking, but it does get grading after a while, does it not?


I mean, I doubt Oklahomans or Kentuckians are really that much dumber than people on the coasts, at least on average.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:39:39 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 04:47:53 pm »

I mean, I doubt Oklahomans or Kentuckians are really that much dumber than people on the coasts, at least on average.

Everybody is pretty stupid in their own way. If you can't find a bunch of idiots within 100 yards of where you are sitting, you aren't trying hard enough. There might even be one using your chair as we speak.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »

I guess you are a glass half empty guy.

You know, some people see the glass half empty, some see it half full, but I just wonder who is drinking my beer.


Also, I don't have a chair.  I have a couch and a bed.  I think we found idiot number 1.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 05:34:06 pm »

I guess you are a glass half empty guy.

You know, some people see the glass half empty, some see it half full, but I just wonder who is drinking my beer.


Also, I don't have a chair.  I have a couch and a bed.  I think we found idiot number 1.

No chair?? Fuck you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 05:37:35 pm »

Actually, I just burned my chair last Friday when I was drunk and having a fire during a fuck you Friday apartment kegger.  I found it outside the dumpster, so no big loss.

I do have some folding chairs, but I certainly don't use them.

Edit:  I just realized that I am too classy to not sit on cheap ass chairs at a desk/ they generally just suck anyways, but I am classy enough to burn a chair and also to take furniture from the trash.  Maybe Oklahomans really are different.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 05:42:15 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 01:17:12 am »

How do you smoke 50 cigs in 9 innings? Thats almost a smoke per out.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 02:47:11 am »

oooh, a fuck-you-Friday drinking fest? That would be hella awesome, but I'm on call.

I guess I should be grateful that I'm on call, and savor it like a sweet memory. Since I got Written Up for taking a medevac, I only do like 4 EMS shifts a month now. It's pathetic. :(
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: b o o k ;
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 08:16:26 am »

What does being from Kentucky have to do with it?

The smartest dude on this board is from Kentucky.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up