Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG  (Read 10466 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 05:51:33 pm »

Hey all, just got out of a mental hospital, and it's good to see that things are more or less the same around here.

Future '07 TOUAMBIE award nominee as soon as I figure out an appropriately goofy category name.

TOUAMB, making mental illness the norm.

(hope your doing well, regardless of my lark)
Logged
We must repeat!

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:21 pm »

Since Google is comprised of the words "Go Ogle" I have pretty much determined that the site itself is unsalvageable and plan never to go there aga...  Wait, what does it mean to curb mussels?  Damn, now how I am I going to look that up?
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »

Since Google is comprised of the words "Go Ogle"

CAN FOR EDUCATION.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 10:30:17 pm »

Remember, kids, the true mother of invention is porn.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 10:37:52 pm »

You've made me imagine an awesome newsreel.

"Porn! Nature's innovator! Porn, driver of internet development! Porn, determiner of video formats!"

Just a booming newsreel voice over still images of awesomely nasty pornography.

Thank you for that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:21 pm »

God DAMN he did one for Wikipedia too.

<fumbles for his wallet>
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 03:28:58 am »

Future '07 TOUAMBIE award nominee as soon as I figure out an appropriately goofy category name.

TOUAMB, making mental illness the norm.

(hope your doing well, regardless of my lark)

Wow, I hope that you're doing okay as well.

I'm a big fan of the crazymeds, myself. I'm not a creative-genius uberspazz like jerod (epilepsy, autism, bipolar, anxiety disorders, etc), but I still need meds...just like diabetics need their insulin and stuff.

Some of my friends growing up were involuntarily and voluntarily committed at various points. Some of their hospital experiences were helpful and good, and others not so much. I hope that you had a beneficial stay and that you were able to take something positive out of the situation.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 03:36:29 am »

good lord, prosopagnosia? that sucks. Somehow that one bothers me more than any of the others.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:42:25 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »

I just disabled the Google thingy... damn hell wouldn't show attached pictures anymore - only Ray's logo. I don't need *that*, Onstad.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »

Oh, I'm fine.  It wasn't a suicide attempt or anything like that.  Just some out of control bipolar depression, but I'm on some better drugs, have much better therapy, have groups to go to, and all sorts of junk.

In-patient care can be fun (there was a pro wrestler in there!).  It's usually three parts recovering junkies to one part messed up crazy, which is nice, because they're generally more together and interesting than depressives and paranoids once you get them away from needles, bottles, and pipes.  Also nobody gives ugly women drugs, you know what I mean?

In the evenings I'd go to AA meetings to kill time (and yeah, while I wouldn't call it addiction, depressed me wasn't exactly abstaining from the sauce either...) and I have to say Ray and Lyle hitting the steps would make good arc.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:19 pm »

So, they don't have internet access in a mental hospital? But they have TV, right? I mean, doesn't that just make people feel worse?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »

Quote from: colmore
Oh, I'm fine.  It wasn't a suicide attempt or anything like that.  Just some out of control bipolar depression, but I'm on some better drugs, have much better therapy, have groups to go to, and all sorts of junk.

Wow, I... thought you were joshing about that. I thought that was a joking explanation of absence.

I'm.... glad it helped you. I've had panic attacks that have cascaded into small nervous breakdowns before but... I've never quite been in that deep. I'm very glad you found it helpful. I have a close relation who is a schizophrenic for whom the drugs have never fully worked and... his times in-patient have not generally gone well.

Though I suppose that may be more the severe nature of schizophrenia as opposed to the choice of hospital.

:: Also nobody gives ugly women drugs, you know what I mean?

I have never thought of it that way.

I'll take that as the one positive in case my anxiety ever takes me to the inside.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 05:49:15 pm »

Since Google is comprised of the words "Go Ogle"

It's also the anagram of wonderful phrases like "goo gel" and "egg loo".

and "log ego".
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 06:05:32 pm »

and "log ego".

I've had one of these before and I do not suggest them.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 February 2007 - This has just gone on TOO LONG
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 07:06:25 pm »

Isn't a googol a really big number?  I think so...  No doubt Wikipedia will set me straight.


Edit:  It is:  10100

Apparently its larger than the number of particles in the known universe, and is roughly similar to 70! (the number of different arrangements of 70 people in a queue that are possible).  Sagan said its precisely as far from the value of infinity as is the number 1.  There's something to gaze at your navel over.

Apocryphally, its the misspelled inspiration for the name of the search engine company as well.  So it all comes full circle...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:15:40 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up