Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?  (Read 8893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« on: February 13, 2007, 06:04:25 pm »

Mine is this one.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:32:56 pm »

Terriers!

Crushing your head!

Anything with Buddy Cole.

And this one. Especially when I had a crush on a Tony.


I didn't remember the coal shovellers at all. "Why not try a little work? Maybe it will help the blackness."  Wise advice.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:35:51 pm »

"Sausages".

Hands down. So. Good.

Sauuuuuuusages, sausages, I WANT SAUSAGES, I WANT SAUSAGES.

Best. Eraserhead Homage. Ever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »

I really love Creative Possibilities!

Or rather, I did. Now I am not digging it as much.

I like the one where the teacher is explaining that Rock Music is Dying.

I also seem to remember a few other really weird ones that I loved. But I don't remember the plots, if they had them.

I like the one where the guy takes out a hit on the hitman.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 07:54:22 pm »

I frequently get "The Daves I Know" stuck in my head for no reason
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 08:04:17 pm »

All of the album "Shame Based Man" from Bruce is ganz excellent!

Bobby vs. Devil is one that sticks out in my mind.   Also the skit that ends in Kevin having Control blow up the planet.

Also good, but largely related: All three Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet albums.

All good.

Also Also: The Taco Bell jingle from a few years back was the song "Zombie Compromise" by SMoaSP
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:23:17 pm »

Quote from: smick
All of the album "Shame Based Man" from Bruce is ganz excellent!

"Vigil" is just... genius. I never saw what all the fuss about Kurt Cobain was but...

Vigil made me understand, a little.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:17:22 pm »

Chicken Lady at the mall.

Thrity Helens Agree.

Jesus was a lousy carpenter.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:50:24 pm »

Oh good god, that's like asking me what my favourite album is! That and now I'm going to have to go and watch all of Kids in the Hall again* (oh, the horrors).

Oh, just about any of the ones with the cops spring to mind. And the trappers, which was the first sketch I ever saw them do has a special place in my heart. And Lonely Sarcastic Guy.

*That said, I've been thinking that since McKinney started turning up on Studio 60, and then since I was passed Slings and Arrows to watch.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:55:09 pm by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:44:24 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 01:31:47 am »

This is way too hard... I feel like I'm missing all the wonderful, more subtle ones that don't get burned in your mind, but are excellent when you see them again, but anyway:

"Sausages" of course.

The Chicken Lady Goes Home (the Hudson's Bay jacket when the bus whizzes past her is just fantastic)

30 Helen's - Honesty "...or if he owns his own pool cue!"

"Pit of Ultimate Darkness- Hypnosis" - "Dirty, dirty liar!  Evil, evil white boy!"

Also, Mr. Tisane, the Tea Factory "I'd like some tea please.  Chamomile tea."

I'm not too sure if you party people know this or not, but KITH had a major impact on Canadian society.  It was on basic cable - swearing, gay content and all-round subversiveness on channel two for god's sake!  And at 8 pm CST.  KITH is why gay marriage is legal!  Fuck yeah!





Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 03:20:46 am »

This is way too hard... I feel like I'm missing all the wonderful, more subtle ones that don't get burned in your mind, but are excellent when you see them again, but anyway:

"Sausages" of course.

The Chicken Lady Goes Home (the Hudson's Bay jacket when the bus whizzes past her is just fantastic)

30 Helen's - Honesty "...or if he owns his own pool cue!"

"Pit of Ultimate Darkness- Hypnosis" - "Dirty, dirty liar!  Evil, evil white boy!"

Also, Mr. Tisane, the Tea Factory "I'd like some tea please.  Chamomile tea."

I'm not too sure if you party people know this or not, but KITH had a major impact on Canadian society.  It was on basic cable - swearing, gay content and all-round subversiveness on channel two for god's sake!  And at 8 pm CST.  KITH is why gay marriage is legal!  Fuck yeah!

Wow, do you think Canadia has room for another Somebody nice? I'd like to come up and join the party.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 03:31:16 am »

I feel like...
I feel like you'd be going down. And... to the right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 04:06:59 am »

I'm not too sure if you party people know this or not, but KITH had a major impact on Canadian society.  It was on basic cable - swearing, gay content and all-round subversiveness on channel two for god's sake!  And at 8 pm CST.  KITH is why gay marriage is legal!  Fuck yeah!


On a more personal level, Dave Foley in a dress and a red wig is why my ideas of gender identity and attraction are broken.

"Cause...uh... something happened to me."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 04:17:15 am »

While I was never ATTRACTED to Dave Foley in drag...

I was always highly disturbed by the fact that he flat-out passed as a woman. Completely.

He completely looked like a plain-to-slightly-homely woman. If one of his characters was walking down the street, I would not say "that is a man dressed up like a woman" I would say "that is a slightly unattractive woman".

All of the other Kids were clearly always dudes in drag. Even Scott, the gayest and therefore the one you'd logically think would look most womanly in drag, always looked like a dude in drag... in that hilariously inappropriate kinda way.

But Foley, that dude just looked like a lady I wouldn't be particularly interested in.

Twas and is unnerving.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up