Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?  (Read 8906 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:59 am »

That is exactly why I got a significant part in the only musical I was ever in, in my senior year.

I was a guy and, though I'm not a great singer, I at least have good pitch and...

Automatic third-largest male role.

Whereas, like, there were girls who'd been in plays since junior high to get up to a part that big.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 04:31:10 am »

In no particular order, because I'm a blithering fanboy and every skit is my favorite:

EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRADICATOR!

My pen!

The polite axe murderer.  Because beggars can't be choosers.

Watch this sketch or this will happen to you.

Ever had one of those dreams?

"Gavin, who's at the door?" "Strangers in matching suits."

Apathetic robbery.

Okay, I lied.  My favorite is Doe, a deer.

I was going to mention another skit, but it slipped my mind.

I wasn't ever in the plays.  I worked lights and sound for them, which got me out of just as much class plus I got to play with electricity.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 04:40:33 am »

Oh god... I LOVED Brain Candy. It was hilarious.

My younger sister and I used to always say "skanky/slinky HO! Get out of my cab!" like the taxi driver, whenever we saw skanky girls at our high school.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:12 am »

"Good te see ye, Jerry!"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 08:17:19 am »

Dr. Seuss' Bible and Jesus, The Bad Carpenter are my favorites.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 02:06:44 pm »

Okay, I lied.  My favorite is Doe, a deer.

Wah? You... like Doe, a deer?  I never enjoyed that one.  I was very confused when I saw it was on the best-of DVD.  But I guess there's a contingent.  A Lister contingent.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 03:36:02 pm »

That was also the show that taught me about the fundamental segregation in theater productions among the high-school-age: namely, that in a play requiring four male and four female parts, you will easily get ten times as many girls auditioning as boys.

Hence constant gender-bending of roles. In my school we'd do the obvious like "12 Angry Jurors" where gender is actually irrelevent but we also had The Artful Dodger-ette and The Good (Lady) Doctor. Shakespeare is the worst though. Not a lot of parts for the ladies. I was in a production of King John that had all of 2 male actors for something like 25 male roles. That play also earned me the life-long nickname of The Bastard.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 04:25:47 pm »

Funny you say that... because on my script in that high school play, I guess we got the scripts from some other high school that had done the play before? I noticed that my role had the "Mr." scratched out in pencil by its previous owner and "Miss" written over it.

Because the character was not involved in any romantic shenangians, it was one of the automatic flips at the last school where it was performed and... had I not decided to be in drama for one year (my senior year was... a joke, class difficulty-wise) it probably would have again.

I erased out the pencil marks, of course. My luck was bad enough with women, I didn't need people thinking I had secret gender or sexuality issues as well. These are the silly things you're paranoid about when you're seventeen.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 03:01:18 am »

Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 06:45:29 pm »

Dammit, somehow I missed this and now you're all reminding me how much I apparently missed!
Logged
We must repeat!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:15 pm »

It doesn't quite fit here, what with it being an entirely different feel, but it does have Mark McKinney in a main role (he was always my favourite kid in the hall), as well as being co-written by him... but I finally started watching Slings and Arrows, and holy shit but it's good. It's nigh on flawless into the second season (and there's a third).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 02:59:32 am »

My favorite Kids in the Hall sketch is the one that is another show that is not Kids in the Hall.  I never watched it back in the day because i've never had cable television.  So I clicked on the links with great anticipation.  I watched every link presented in this thread and I don't think I so much as cracked a smile.  The last one I watched, the one Limmo linked to, The Chicken Lady was mildly amusing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 03:14:51 am »

Watch this one, Paul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSDrtCK2gA

You will know it is working when everything is awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 03:42:49 am »

wtf!?!?!?!?
!?
!?
?!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 07:30:58 pm »

Watch this one, Paul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSDrtCK2gA

Good lord, there's one I'd completely forgotten about!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up