Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )  (Read 5960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »

All I know is that Crotch Lobster is the logical outcome of doing the Rock Lobster.
Logged
We must repeat!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:32 pm »

Then is the next logical extension... Crotch Rock or Rock Crotch?

Sebastian Bach or Ben Grimm?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 04:42:17 am »

sub_topical/ash, that avatar really creeps me out.

The "Why Paint Cats" book was pretty funny, though. I wish I was that good at Photoshop.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 11:37:37 pm »

I woke up this morning and my ear hurt.  Could cochlear cataclysm be imminent?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 05:08:02 am »

sub_topical/ash, that avatar really creeps me out.

The "Why Paint Cats" book was pretty funny, though. I wish I was that good at Photoshop.

Is it photoshopped?  I read that book front to back looking for mention of the photos being altered (I figured they were), but there was nothing, but there's the list of dyes used, so I got confused.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 05:31:40 am »

I believe so.  I think its the artist's concept that the entire book is part of the artwork.  On the other hand, if you read between the lines, it's too pretentious to be real:
"...inspired by Galileo's love of cats, she traced fine white lines from the tips of a black cat's ears down its back and around the base of its tail.  By orienting the cat's annular ring accurately on a  moonless night, and slowly rotating its whole body in a counterclockwise direction, it was possible to sight along the lines and correctly measure the azimuth of Venus and the moon at setting time."

Right.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 07:04:29 am »

Is it photoshopped?  I read that book front to back looking for mention of the photos being altered (I figured they were), but there was nothing, but there's the list of dyes used, so I got confused.   

All the books in the series (Why Cats Paint, Why Paint Cats, and Dancing With Cats) are all fictional. The cats didn't really paint those pictures, and the cats were not physically painted -- the whole thing is Photoshopped. Each book is humorous fiction.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 02:18:47 pm »

Yeah, a little wandering around on the internet confirmed it's all a hoax.  Doing parody while working hard to conceal the fact your doing parody sort of misses the boat to me.  Apparently these people did that book of erotic origami that was proliferated around the internet a while back too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up