Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness  (Read 15247 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 01:40:40 am »

At this point, now that I am technically-an-adult, I can pretty much talk to my dad about anything without feeling sheepish... sex, drugs, etc. My mom... no. No. I pretty much can't talk to her about anything.

I can't even tell her that I'm on anxiety meds... because she doesn't believe in them. Even though she is a nurse. She is a nurse who basically believes you shouldn't take medicine unless you are strictly dying.

Some would argue that I can talk to my dad about things I can't talk to my mom about because we are both boys... but I'm pretty sure it's not the case. I'm pretty sure it's just that my mom is a little uptight whereas my dad has spent his adult life disappointed that he was a little too young to be a full-on hippie.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 04:33:48 am »

I am not even a full on adult (my parents pay like insurance and various other things that I probably don't know about, and help me with rent if I need it) but I can talk to them about all that stuff too.  I am not even out of college, but in high school my mom once threatened to send me to rehab because she thought I was high (I hadn't even smoked yet at the time).  It is a nice change.  Today I told them that Jesus was just a psychedelic pagan mushroom (look it up), and they didn't hang up, yell, or kick me out of the family.  So that is a good change.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2007, 06:07:05 am »

Today I told them that Jesus was just a psychedelic pagan mushroom

Well, I'm sure you pulled it off smoothly, but that is not good.  That is not a good thing to tell your parents.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2007, 06:57:02 am »

My parents know that basically I do drugs.

They also are not religious.

They also know that, while I kind of think that it is cool, I don't really believe it and am basically being full of shit.  At the same time, they know I believe that it is more likely that he was a mushroom instead of him being a son of god.

Basically, I think we all know that the major Christian rituals are there to replace pagan rituals (Easter and Christmas).  My parents are well educated, they know this.  Well, from there, it is not hard to imagine that the pagan ritual was based off of crazy mushrooms blooming this one time of year (the hypothesis says that this is the "Mario" mushroom).  Also, apparently it was in Siberia, or somewhere close, and the Reindeers favorite food was these mushrooms, then they "flew".  From there people believe that Jesus was either combined mushroom knowledge, and not real at all, or a very connected tripper.  I think that is somewhat believable, but I don't believe it.  Well, a little, but I wouldn't put my faith in it, or whatever.  I am sure some part of this is probably true.

I have been telling my dad about the McKenna Mushroom evolution theory (whatever it is called) for about 3 years now.  I guess they are just used to it.  (This is that apes ate psychedelic mushrooms that eventually developed cognitive abilities.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:12:45 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2007, 08:23:40 am »

Damn. I remember my dad trying to suss out if we were doing drugs when I was in highschool by asking me and Kellichou how much it cost nowadays for a dime bag.
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007, 09:58:09 pm »

Damn. I remember my dad trying to suss out if we were doing drugs when I was in highschool by asking me and Kellichou how much it cost nowadays for a dime bag.

Holy CRAP I had forgotten all about that 'til now!  And he probably thought he was so damn clever!  Ha!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007, 10:05:59 pm »

The reply to that question is, "I don't know - is that something you can get at REI?"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2007, 10:18:11 pm »

Quote from: linnea
Damn. I remember my dad trying to suss out if we were doing drugs when I was in highschool by asking me and Kellichou how much it cost nowadays for a dime bag.

Whereas my dad would put on the airs of an old-timey accent and say "You young whippersnappers, when I was your age, a dime bag was NINE CENTS!" And then he would just start laughing and laughing.

It was rare that he could actually get him to smoke with us but... he was one of those parents who was of the opinion that if we were doing stuff like that at the house and no one had car keys or anything, we were probably doing it the safest way it could be done.

Mom, however, just pretended that we were, like, LISTENING REALLY CLOSELY to that Pink Floyd album.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 11:50:07 pm »

Holy CRAP I had forgotten all about that 'til now!  And he probably thought he was so damn clever!  Ha!

X-D hahaha, I KNOW!

I'm so lucky, my womb-mate totally epitomizes badassery. <3 <3 <3

Also, I haven't smoked in years. We get pee tested, for which I am glad...nobody wants a high medic or firefighter.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 12:47:23 am »

My mom when to college in the late 60's. She claims to not know a single person who did drugs. I don't mean just that she and her friends didn't do them, but that she says that not a single acquaintance or classmate did drugs. In college. In the 60's.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 02:28:10 am »

"You young whippersnappers, when I was your age, a dime bag was NINE CENTS!"

That is absolutely worth a tiny can.  Unfortunately, your Dad isn't a member so I can't give him one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 06:40:18 am »

Quote from: AugustWest
Unfortunately, your Dad isn't a member so I can't give him one.

My dad's diabetic so... it's probably for the better, anyway.

Unless these tiny cans are actually Diet Dr. Pepper. I never thought to ask.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 07:54:50 am »

I figured I would be able to tell, but I guess Diet Dr. Pepper does taste just like regular.

Who knows.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 02:52:36 pm »

DDP rocks. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: linnea's bad little cats almost died from their badness
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 03:02:47 pm »

Also, I haven't smoked in years. We get pee tested, for which I am glad...nobody wants a high medic or firefighter.

Ethical question:  I have a dear friend with a huge amount of personal issues.  She is the epitome of fucked-up, spends a lot of time with mental health professionals, is on an off all sorts of psych meds...  She self medicates by smoking dope nearly constantly - being high most of the time.  She is also a nurse.  She is smart and a mostly good person, yet I would never want her caring for me or anyone I cared about.  Sometimes I think I should put in an anonymous call about her to her employers, but I care about her and don't want her to get fired.  When I stopped with the pot, this friend said she would end our friendship point blank if I took any issue with her drug use.  At the time, no one else's life was in her hands, and I therefore had no problem with her drug use.  Now I'm not so sure.  The ethics are stickey - I really thought being in the medical profession would require some sort of screening for sever mental health issues and drug use, but aparently not...  I try to comfort myself that most of her patients are in end-stage care anyway... but it's just not cool to me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up