Muse of Fire, the polite thing to do now is provide a link to a vid of you dancing. Kinda like this.
How did you so quickly and easily find a video of me dancing?! I am amazed!
...and clearly joking.

I have no videos, but I do have a couple of photographs... let's see... ah. Here we go:
I danced Spanish in our Nutcracker this year , and here I am backstage
after warmup and applying makeup; about to put on my cossie. Notice the fine and appropriate shirt. Try not to let the frightening amounts of eyeliner scare you.
Enjoy.

And not to worry about referring to ballerinas as f*cked up. They generally are. Some of my associates would lump me in that category, although the jury is still out.
Also, not to worry about feeling "rude" for not digging it (and saying so), Keith. I'm made of stronger stuff than that.

I do consider myself lucky to be able to do it, although our company is small enough that I do have to have a full-time "normal person job" to pay the bills. Still, I took a very non-traditional route to get there (considering the normal career track for dancers), passing through all sorts of personal f'ed-uppednes, so I consider myself insanely lucky indeed to be able to do it. In any other city or any other company, I wouldn't be able to do it at all.
Oh, just so you all don't think I normally run around with my face painted to scare the lovin right out of a man, here's what I look like normally (well, after France beat Brazil in the World Cup semis, and I'd had a few Stellas, anyhow):
Allez, les Bleus!Linnea, how often do you get to see the ballet? I'm glad you enjoy it.
