Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?  (Read 23015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2007, 12:33:50 am »

and in the end the love you like is equal to the love you bike

nice beatles reference  ::) (that's from a beatles song, but he got it wrong of course..... noob)

next time you want to have people answer a question, try treating them with respect and make a little sense!

i mean, i'm not telling you to leave, but we’re a pretty tight group here. that doesn’t happen overnight. people have to learn that they can count on you. know what I mean?
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2007, 12:37:20 am »

I forget how I got to Achewood (I'm assuming alcohol was involved — it generally is). My first strip was Roast Beef on the moon, which made me wonder if I'd stumbled across some sort of quasi-furry domestic drama serial. I would read the entire archives of any old damn thing back in those days however, and I figured out pretty quickly that drama is just Beef's normal way of doing things.

It is strange that my brain tells me I have been reading Achewood for at least three years longer than I actually have. I've got memories of reading the strip when the strip did not exist. My brain is a strange place to be sometimes.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2007, 01:42:46 am »

I love that this thread has turned from a cauldron of bile into something that cultivates wonderful nostalgia
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2007, 01:53:38 am »

I was linked from Cardhouse.com during the first Showbiz run.   The specific strip had ray sticking bills under his eyelids while enticing ladies to visit him in varied stages of undress.

Roast Beef was not having this.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2007, 04:57:42 am »

I feel like this conversation is going on in two separate threads?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2007, 07:01:21 am »

I love that this thread has turned from a cauldron of bile into something that cultivates wonderful nostalgia

Even more brilliant reading the troll's death throes interspersed with the thread proper.  We've got to keep this going.  I propose the thread be stickied.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2007, 09:40:43 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
I feel like this conversation is going on in two separate threads?

Don't worry about that, we're merely approaching the event horizon of a Bullshit Crescendo.

When enough momentum builds from enough awesome people collectively riffing on the same topic, the conversation begins to mutate wildly and start crosslinking with other ideas and the entire entity becomes almost An Alive Thing...

Linear logic is discarded, intuitive leaps are made with ease and Cause-and-Effect... is not exactly violated, persay, though Cause-and-Effect begins to function exotically and functionally fourth-dimensionally.

It is sort of a cross between a hive mind and a rolling snowball.

A better analogy: you know how when, in Back to the Future, just before the car does an actual time jump, all sorts of sparks and explosions start wildly popping around the edges and it looks really cool?

That is where we are. We're at the edge of a Bullshit Crescendo and it is just achingly beautiful. We can witness Imaginary Idea Pairs dancing at the edge, mostly hell of annihilating each other but occasionally one breaking away into free space and becoming Real.

Ideation Aurora Borealis full-on charging ions and creating eerie fireworks in the sky.

Critical Bullshit Mass has been achieved, party person.

Awesome things are now functioning of their own accord.

The firebird Inspirado is rising from her ashes, resurrected by the electricity created by the cycling through of Crazy Ideas Spoken Anyway.

Do not fear The Bullshit Crescendo. She destroys only because that's what happens before creation.

Let her six blue arms take you into their embrace.

Nuzzle up to the bosom of cleansing madness. It is the rudest bosom of all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2007, 12:03:03 am »

I find it altogether fitting that we reach this magical place in discussing the Tenmen: the rudest cats of them all.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2007, 12:11:45 am »

heh, an event horizon of bullshit crescendo?
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2007, 12:53:55 am »

Mets, I'm pretty sure I love you.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2007, 01:39:52 am »

I take back that thing I said recently about them not making n00bs like they used to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ernest Faulkner Hemingway

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2007, 03:26:31 am »

We can all be funny.  We can post and try to be funyn people by posting things that nobody may have expected us to post.  THat is what makes them funny though, and also clever, is that no one was expecting them.

Do you have an algorithm for being a failure at making me recognizable.

Interestingly enough I once found myself on the opposite end of the spectrum, though at once I was alerted and promptly aged to perfection.  Mild adult situations cannibal cannoball cannibus canteloupe.

Who is Duane.  Why doe he say Duane's.

THE BLACK BOTTLE

ONE PILL MAKES YOU DOORpenis SAID

hip hobbit o_o

intelligensia is not something to be alarmed.

To be honest if you read through Achewood before realizing there was alt text, you're a fuck*ng moron.  You probably like keenspot.

GRAPHIC

NOVEL

GRAPHIC

NOVEL

VIOLENCE

into the great white ripe decay lovely potentate jungle fires of bally total fitness, estragon!  GARAGE A TROIS!  SAVOIR FLAIR!  RAISON D'FETCHRE.  L'HOMME LETTE.

SON OF A
remember when pikach
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2007, 03:40:35 am »

*snap*
*snap*
*snap*
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2007, 03:41:10 am »

Hey, let's everybody pay attention to this pathetic fuck so maybe he'll shut up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2007, 04:23:32 pm »

ANYWAY...

How I first visited Achewood.... I got really into QC one night last October (read the whole archives instead of studying for a test, much as I am doing this very instant with the baby update thread on this board) and started looking on Wikipedia for other popular webcomics to procrastinate with. I came across Achewood and really didn't get it, but I felt like I might if I kept at it. Then (as I said earlier) I read the GOF in January, read the archives, and fell in love.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up