Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?  (Read 22989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2007, 01:09:26 am »

Working with limited information, the average age of this board seems to be roughly 27.1 years.

Basically, I took the top 30 posters by post-count and wrote down the claimed ages of the 22 of them that claimed ages and... added 'em up and divided by 22. It's a pretty crude figure, considering that I only took 0.5% of the population, that only 70% of those people stated an age and probably one or two of those ages are misstated for comic effect but...

Considering how little reliable data is available, it's probably a fairly useful estimation.

Especially when you take into account that of that range, 27 occured four times and 28 occured three times. Making 27 the... mode, if I remember my small-times mathematics lessons. 27 is also the median age, to further dork out.

If the mean is 27.1 and the median and mode are also 27, it's probably decent gauge... especially when you consider that, for all the other limitations, I was starting with the most frequent users of this device.

Good Lord, I am a dork.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2007, 01:47:16 am »

It's nice to be above average!

Also: can to Victoria. I'd like to give you many more but I can't stay awake another hour and of course at my age I will have forgotten all about it by tomorrow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2007, 01:52:19 am »

Whereas, we are talking about the only time I've ever been average in my life.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2007, 01:57:31 am »

Hey, look at that. I never knew you could reorder the members list by post count.

I wonder how much it skews your figures that the two oldest posters in the top ten don't list their age. I don't know enough about statistics to have a sense of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2007, 02:00:54 am »

When we're talking about a sample of 22 people, if both of those added people were around twenty years more than the average I threw together, it'd probably bump the average to around 29 and... put me a little below average again.

At pretty much everything, I'm either a little below average or way above. It would fit!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2007, 09:08:45 pm »

if both of those added people were around twenty years more than the average I threw together

Pretty much.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »

Yesterday I bought a huge bottle of Orangina. I was like, why not? I know it's delicious and I'll probably enjoy drinking a lot of it, so here we go, I thought to myself. But let me back up a bit. It was 7:30 pm or so (referring to the time of day it was), and I stepped up to the doors of the Mississippi Market on the southwest corner of Selby and Dale. Now, entering the building was a story unto itself, which I will now tell.

  • There were like six different ways to get into that building, two different sets of doors on three faces of the building--south, west, and north. Into the bargain was that the building was shared with a neighborhood association and you weren't sure which door would take you into which establishment.

But let me set the scene. I lifted a shopping basket out of the stack of interlocked shopping baskets. I pulled the handles up from their rest position and holding them in near proximity I was able to elevate the basket by putting them in the same hand (left!) and using same to provide an opposing force to G pulling downward. This had the added benefit of my being able to put the items I was interested in purchasing into the basket. Each item would increase the downward force on my hand, but I increased the opposing force at every turn, and the basket was not able to quit my hand.

To be honest, the rest of the experience was a blur - song 2
Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2007, 07:08:41 pm »

Yesterday I bought a huge bottle of Orangina etc.

YOU'RE TRYING TOO HARD/DOING IT WRONG
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »

Quote from: TOUAMB
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours.

FUCK!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2007, 04:51:37 am »

who in the world do you think you are

a superstar?

instant karma

get it
Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2007, 05:27:20 am »

Hey, where did your stilted vaguely-suggesting-English-as-your-second-language diction go?

Conveniently discarded. Poorly played, hound, poorly played.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:24 am »

Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2007, 03:45:47 am »

Oh, man. Oh. Man.

If I only Knew Photoshop and could reply with a neon sign that said "Leapin' Lizards".

Oh. Man. This is what I get for havin' a degree in screenwriting.

This and the constant fears of financial collapse, of course.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2007, 03:59:23 am »

Oh, so that's what brought you out here.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2007, 07:39:20 pm »

What the hell?  Strips about secret porn bring out the losers do they?  Don't pee down your pant leg fella!  At least take it out.  Oh, wait that is out.... hrmph... Awkward.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up