Alternate: I call bullshit on door number three. Based upon this post, I think you're a dude.
Your link isn't working for me, is
this the one you mean? It's funny, I thought that post would give me away, because it's actually a description of what I was like in high school. When talking about girls I said things like "the isolation they feel" instead of "the isolation we feel" because I wanted to come off as androgynously as possible, but I felt kind of transparent doing it. Like, "I have this, uh...
friend... who has surreal sets of obscure interests. And I have- I mean, my
friend has hopelessly tangled interior monologues..."
Yes, from glancing through Alternate's posts, Alternate appears to most likely be a guy... though I suppose the door has been left a crack open for being a lady who is into ladies. Which is fine by me. I've never really figured out what women could be attracted to about a dude.
Oh, I like dudes, too. It's just that A) the hotness of dudes doesn't come up as often as does the hotness of ladies in either the comic or the forum, and B) I've avoided talking about my ex-boyfriends because I didn't want folks to assume I was a chick. (Obviously dudes can like dudes, but even the most enlightened people frequently tend to assume others are straight until proven otherwise.) It's not that I wanted to deceive people, it's just that when I meet people in real life my gender/sex is one of the first things they learn about me. I sometimes feel like that's a little weird because it's such an inconsequential part of my personality. I don't have a problem with my gender, but it's kind of like the color of a rental car I had no say in choosing. It's like if I had a mole on my foot, and for some reason I was required to wear a huge sign saying "I have a mole on my foot," and when people met me they immediately read the sign and sometimes made conclusions based on it. If this were the case, and if I were going to introduce myself to the internet, I might want to give people a chance to get to know me a little before telling them about the mole.
But yeah, 1) is a lie, and 3) is the truth. I've never seen the Gauss-Bonnet Theorem graffitied, and I've certainly never seen it on a broken wall at the beach in san francisco. Although I think that if this did happen it might be one of the high points of my life.