Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39809 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2007, 03:07:46 pm »

If someone was related to Tom Cruise and everyone knew about it, that's pretty much an invitation to having everything you owned covered in grafitti that says "Xenu rules!" and "My uncle wants to pray the gay away!" and so on.

The world wants vengence on Tom Cruise but he lives on a zepplin battleship and travels by armed rickshaw... so most of us would have to settle for revenging ourselves upon his more accessable relations.

His cousin worked at my law school as the person who help graduates find jobs.  He has a lot of family in Louisville.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2007, 05:08:59 pm »

the only Scientologist "church" in the US outside of LA is down the street from my school.

Also: #2 was the lie.

Um, are you absolutely sure about that? Sounds like someone needs some auditing to clear some engrams and implants.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2007, 06:11:43 pm »

oh. huh.
I had heard that it was the only one. Maybe it was the first outside of LA? I don't know. Maybe I should go talk to them about all my problems. You know. As penance for being wrong.

Forgive me Father, for I have said a Thing about Scientology.
"very well my son, pay 10,000$ and you shall be forgiven. In the name of Hubbard and Tom and the Placenta he Ate, amen."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2007, 06:20:30 pm »

I hate Tom Cruise, just hate him all to hell. Why doesn't he pick on diabetics for needing insulin?

Then he'd been horning in on PETA's turf. I think most of the insane beliefs out there were assigned to different groups back in the early 80's to avoid duplicate work. It was like a cross between a meeting of mafia dons and Vatican II.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2007, 09:44:48 pm »

Then he'd been horning in on PETA's turf. I think most of the insane beliefs out there were assigned to different groups back in the early 80's to avoid duplicate work. It was like a cross between a meeting of mafia dons and Vatican II.

heh!! awesome. hell of tiny cans.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2007, 12:01:17 am »

And now... on topic:

Felix, I'm going to say #3 is the lie.

I still haven't answered this, have I?  Actually, #3 is true, although to be fair it wasn't just a bar so much as it was an old 1920s movie palace converted into a bar/nightclub.  I saw Soft Machine there once as well.  It's a pretty happenin' place.  I still have the beer mat somewhere or other, too.

Also, my house really did appear in Monty Python - in the Hungarian Phrasebook sketch, no less.  It's on one of the streets the policeman runs down on his way to the tobacconist.

The lie was #2.  I got off scot-free for booty dancing in Tiananmen Square.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2007, 04:50:27 am »

1.  I was strip searched in Belgium.
2.  I have slept in the same room with a Pulitzer Prize winner.
3.  C-list celeb Hal Sparks' dad is a family friend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2007, 11:01:30 am »

AW: I'm going with number 2 because it's detailed enough to be made up.

I wasn't quite clear on the rules so I'ma just throw three out there:

1) I have a bachelor of science with first class honours in chemistry and I work in a petrol station.

2) The left side of my left knee is totally numb.

3) I am missing one eyetooth and one wisdom tooth.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2007, 09:46:16 pm »

1.  I was strip searched in Belgium.
2.  I have slept in the same room with a Pulitzer Prize winner.
3.  C-list celeb Hal Sparks' dad is a family friend.

Hmmm...that's tough. I guess that number 1 is false.

AW: I'm going with number 2 because it's detailed enough to be made up.

I wasn't quite clear on the rules so I'ma just throw three out there:

1) I have a bachelor of science with first class honours in chemistry and I work in a petrol station.

2) The left side of my left knee is totally numb.

3) I am missing one eyetooth and one wisdom tooth.

Number 1 sounds like it's the lie.

Here are some more for me. I just woke up from a really long sleep and I had these terrible dreams. You know where you're in a dream and you have sleep-wake cycles IN THE DREAM so that it feels like you've been kidnapped for a week and your whole world has changed? Ugh, I hate those dreams. I still feel a little groggy.

1. I've never had general anesthesia.
2. My lowest adult BMI has been 17.5, the highest has been 32.
3. I still have all my wisdom teeth.
Logged

Terry

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Who, who is it?
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2007, 11:21:39 pm »

1. I've never had general anesthesia.
2. My lowest adult BMI has been 17.5, the highest has been 32.
3. I still have all my wisdom teeth.

I'm guessing number 3.

Do I get a turn?

1. I've had a pint with Paul Simonon (bassist of the Clash)
2. My girlfriend is the youngest ever flautist to gain this like, really virtuoso award from the British Academy of Music.
3. At the age of 11 I scored higher on an intelligence test than any other my age in England.
Logged
I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride. But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died... OR DID IT?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2007, 11:41:32 pm »

1.

It was Topper.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2007, 11:59:17 pm »

Right you are! I had all four wisdom teeth removed when I was in my early twenties, without general anesthetic. I had a Valium and that was good enough.

Terry, I guess that #1 is the lie, simply because I want the others to be true.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2007, 12:00:18 am »

Right you are! I had all four wisdom teeth removed when I was in my early twenties, without general anesthetic. I had a Valium and that was good enough.

Terry, I guess that #1 is the lie, simply because I want the others to be true.

I guessed #2 for you, linnea, but it said I had already posted it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2007, 03:05:54 am »

Hmmm...that's tough. I guess that number 1 is false.

Bzzzzt.  The lie is number 2. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2007, 07:17:01 am »

Damn, Linnea got mine, but to be fair it has only been a lie since sunday.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up