Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dude and Catastrophe??  (Read 6357 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Dude and Catastrophe??
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:53:50 pm »

I totally don't get the "Dude and Catastrophe" shirts, hoodies, etc. Where does this come from? What is it referring to? I only started reading Achewood a couple months ago, so I'm kind of a noob, but I've read the archives! I just don't get it! Someone please explain! Thanks.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:59:24 pm »

It's from the blogs, the name of a pub that Cornelius is going to start (with funding by Ray).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:01:14 pm »

Yes.  Here and here.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:03:48 pm »

Ah! Thanks.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:59:10 pm »

Yet another profile icon where the picture of a dude and the female gender symbol creates a strange dissonance for me, causing me to try and imagine the girl version of the boy profile icon as the poster.

Which is weird because, like, I don't have this problem if someone's icon is an... animal or a drawing or an abstract pictogram... but if someone posts a picture of a human as their logo, my brain fights to rectify the information they've provided about themselves with that photo.

Which is, I suppose, why I use a defunct baseball team's logo as my representation.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:21 pm »

Which is, I suppose, why I use a defunct baseball team's logo as my representation.

For a long time I thought that the LF in your avatar meant Left Fielder. But then I also tought that the C on a hockey jersey meant Center, not Captain.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 12:35:50 am »

Ha, I just put Fred Durst there because I thought it was funny. Can we make any avatar we want out of Achewood strips?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 12:50:34 am »

Avatars are limited only by your imagination.  Some graphics-fu may be necessary however.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:53:01 am »

good lord, I was about to post that exact same phrase. Re: imagination.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 03:38:07 am »

Seriously if you think I look like a blond viking you will all be disappointed fellows. I think I've been over this.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 03:59:37 am »

I also do not quite have the same fashion sense of Our Hero, Nightshade.
Logged
~

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 06:45:55 am »

I would like to make it clear, however, that whilst I am not actually Felix the Cat, I am a paperweight.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 09:42:54 am »

I don't know why I'm still a robber-baron googly-eye phage, but I've just never picked a good time to stop, that's all.

Maybe I should memorialize my leave of absence from graduate school by becoming V-Adore, The Saddest Purkinje Cell.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 04:02:18 pm »

I am, in fact, a fried egg.  However, I am over hard rather than sunny side up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Dude and Catastrophe??
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 05:50:14 pm »

I prefer the avatars that have a face.  Even if they're painted on a board.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up