Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just realized who this guy is!  (Read 2689 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
I just realized who this guy is!
« on: September 28, 2003, 02:49:07 pm »

So, it's Sunday, with not a lot to do. I thought "sure, I'll check out that James guy everybody at the Achewood boards likes so much". Reat the bleat, enjoyed it, then noticed the ad for Backfence at the bottom. I'm from Minneapolis, I used to read the Strib like everybody else, and I used to love that column. I never woulda thought he had a mildly successful web presence as well!

Don't know why I felt the need to share that, but, well, that's the beauty of the internet.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 12:59:07 am »

That's really rad.  I've always sort of wished I live in his area so I could read the column or hear him on the radio.  But then again, it makes me feel kind of dirty when the internet touches the real world so maybe not....
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 04:25:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
That's really rad.  I've always sort of wished I live in his area so I could read the column


http://www.startribune.com/fence
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 08:37:39 pm »

...in paper form.

Apparently I'm inarticulate, sorry.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 11:07:19 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
...in paper form.


What're you, amish?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 11:09:35 pm »

Are there vegan Amish?

That would be weird.

These are my kind of Amish. I even got one o' their records.

The Electric Amish
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 03:02:59 am »

This is a thing of beauty:

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I just realized who this guy is!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 10:40:27 pm »

Yeah, I guess this is where I collapse into a pool of my own tears.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1]   Go Up