Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist  (Read 7632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:00:05 am »

So, a couple days ago, the roomate and I decided to light up a bowl in our dorm room, not the smartest plan yeah, but we'd done it before and were careful, towels under the door(s) smoke detector sealed with duct tape, doob tubes, the whole 9.  Despite all that, some asshole R.A. with a bloodhound nose decides that we have violated some cherished moral precept and decides to turn us in.  So, I open up the door to an insistent knock to my hall director and a couple cops standing there (university policy is that they can open the door if you don't, so I didn't really have a choice).  And there I'm standing, red eyed and with this proudly displayed.  Needless to say, I have a court date.  Just thought you all would get a chuckle out of that.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:13:07 am »

Did you have to go to jail, or did they just give you a ticket? 

When I got caught (the first time, only time chaged(yet)) it was just a 200 dollar ticket, didn't even have to take a test. 

Also, smoking in your dorm is dumb, but I understand.



Actually, one of the biggest stoners I know was an R.A. at one point.  I forgot about that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 02:45:46 am »

I <3 Weedmaster P.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:55:46 am »

In college, I never had an RA who smoked up less or as much as I did.

Being a two-or-three-times-a-month guy, I was pretty infrequent as SU went.

Whereas my RAs were stoned... Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights like goddamn clockwork.

I just assumed all colleges were like that. I'm sorry yours is not.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:53:01 am »

it's so weird, people here are constantly trying to figure out where to get pot. But I've never known anyone who's actually found some. Apparently everyone's hometown is easier to find pot in than St Louis, the most crime-ridden city in the country.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:30:17 am »

My alma mater was Humboldt State University - buried in the aromatic heart of the Emerald Triangle in northern California.  Apparently, it is the anti-St Louis.  I went in never even having seen a bud, and almost ended up on academic probation within 2 semesters (and never had to buy it for myself - everyone had more than they'd want to smoke themselves).

This partially explains why it took me 6 1/2 years to get my bachelors.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:45:26 am »

My girlfriend was an RA and she was a pretty bad stoner, but she got pissed of at the stupid stoners  on her floor because they would just get high and giggle and be annoying a lot, as opposed to us, who would stare at each other and contemplate the origin of the molecules in one discarded tissue.  And also how the Declaration of Independance was written on hemp paper and if you smoked it you would go BACK IN TIME.

Far more intellectual discourse than just giggling I say!

Edit: I don't know why I never thought of this before, but this will be the plot of part of a webcomic that I will write.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:15 pm »

it's so weird, people here are constantly trying to figure out where to get pot. But I've never known anyone who's actually found some. Apparently everyone's hometown is easier to find pot in than St Louis, the most crime-ridden city in the country.

There was plenty there back in the day.  Also, we smoked (and drank) in the dorms with impunity.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 04:42:08 pm »

That sucks Flip.  I hope you don't have to shoulder too much expense.

Having spent so many years as a pot head, I've got stories and stories.

I had this relationship with a guy which revolved around flirting, smoking copious amounts of pot, seeing plays and drinking.  So as usual we were out at a theatre festival, having just seen a play, sitting in a beer tent drinking and planning to smoke some pot.  So off we went.  It was a windy night, so we were seeking an unpopulated, sheltered area.  We spotted a place that fit both those bills well.  We even remarked that it was odd that we'd found this area in the middle of downtown with no one around.  Out comes the boy's pipe, which was an odd affair that had and odd special feature: it whistled loudly when smoked.  We were happily smoking away for quite sometime, then the boy decided to pack another bowl, and while he did, I looked around at our surroundings a little more closely.  "Oh shit!"  I said.  "What?"  "Oh shit! Oh shit!" "What?"  I point at the window we had been leaning against for shelter and there were four or five uniformed cops on the other side.  Somehow none of them had seen us, or heard the loud pitched whistle of the pipe - they were just hanging out on the other side of the window were we stood smoking our dope.  Turns out we were standing at the entrance to the city's central police station.  We'd have known this if we had looked up at the sign over the door, or even bothered to look into the window.  Brilliant.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:04 pm »

I live in kind of an artsy rowdy unofficial sorority on campus, and we get away with everything as long as we're not out in the hall actually doing it during rounds. The RAs are pretty much selected to suit us, because we're a handful and if we don't like you, you will probably not want to go on living there.

Anyway, the point of this story is that we clean our bowls as a social gathering in the hallway and smoke on the front porch. It's the best place ever. We also have ghosts.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 07:25:22 pm »

yeah, we get away with drinking in the dorms as long as "they can't tell what it is" or we're in someone's room with less than 20 people or so.
But they basically told us they would fuck us up if they found us smoking. I think the pot becomes more available once people are in frats, as the frats apparently always have a big ol' stash which they will share/give/sell.

Also my friend Greg's sister is apparently a huge pothead, and she goes here, so, that is a source I guess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 07:43:23 pm »

There was plenty there back in the day.  Also, we smoked (and drank) in the dorms with impunity.

It was a different world when we were kids (pre Reagan).  Hell we toked up in movie theaters in plain view of the cops, they didn't give a fuck.  We weren't causing a disturbance, why should they?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:52:31 pm »

I don't know whether to give a can for awesomeness (plus an "old timer" story) or remove one for jealousy.  I guess I just won't touch them.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 10:24:30 pm »

I don't know whether to give a can for awesomeness (plus an "old timer" story) or remove one for jealousy.  I guess I just won't touch them.

And thus the delicate balance is maintained.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up