Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist  (Read 7650 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 04:08:42 am »

RG, that's hilarious (yet frightening).  They justified a no-knock warrant by saying the suspects were destroying evidence by smoking it eh?  That would have been the most awesome gravity bong ever, I reckon.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 11:45:45 am »

RG, that's hilarious (yet frightening).  They justified a no-knock warrant by saying the suspects were destroying evidence by smoking it eh?  That would have been the most awesome gravity bong ever, I reckon.

Some old friend of mine were arrested (well, they got away as the bag belonged to the dealer they were with) for carrying an ounce or two of pot when they were travelling down south for some shows and such. In questioning the police were asking whether it could feasibly be for personal use, to which they inevitably answered 'hell, we can find out if you like...'. Two birds with one stone and all. Three actually, if I think about it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 04:47:39 pm »

I never heard a drugs-bust story that pleased me more than Orwell's. Is that a sign of an obscenely sheltered life?

not that my life's not obscenely sheltered either way

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 01:17:08 pm »

Here is a loosely related story I ran into yesterday.

I spent 8 months in Carbon county.  I think I know where that trailer park is.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:33 pm »

Drugs are less amusing once you get out of school.

Come back and let us know when you and your friends stop bragging about HOW DRUNK WAS I LAST NITE LOL OMFG O RLY?

Adulthood is just around the bend, dude.  It's okay, no hurry.  We'll wait for you.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 08:00:16 pm »

Drugs are less amusing once you get out of school.

Come back and let us know when you and your friends stop bragging about HOW DRUNK WAS I LAST NITE LOL OMFG O RLY?

Adulthood is just around the bend, dude.  It's okay, no hurry.  We'll wait for you.

Yes, but also, the real stuff gets more intense - without constant interference the relationships that matter get deeper, better, the friendships that were actually hollow excuses sort of fall away.  When I look back at the younger me and remember how I thought everyone who wasn't getting high were missing the real fun... I just gotta chuckle.  What a waste of time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 12:00:22 pm »

You know, people that do drugs don't always talked about how fucked up they are/ were.

I know many a successful lawyer that is a stoner and/ or alcoholic.  Alcohol is a drug, and while the bragging of high school drunkenness might stop, the drinking continues for many people.  I can tell you right now, no matter what I do and whether or not I am successful I will smoke marijuana and do mushrooms for at least 10 more years.  No questions asked, no possibilities excluded.

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 06:33:42 pm »

You know, people that do drugs don't always talked about how fucked up they are/ were.

You do have to admit that this is a statistically significant trend, though. (Also, if I were going to be very crass, I would go through your back-posts and try to figure out how many of them involve references to how fucked up you were, but I'll leave that there.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 09:17:21 pm »

  I can tell you right now, no matter what I do and whether or not I am successful I will smoke marijuana and do mushrooms for at least 10 more years. 

Fine. Now that that's clear, feel free to stop talking about it and get back to us when the ten years are up, OK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 09:27:05 pm »

Fine. Now that that's clear, feel free to stop talking about it and get back to us when the ten years are up, OK?

quoted for truth and concurrence.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 11:15:49 pm »

You know, people that do drugs don't always talked about how fucked up they are/ were.

I know many a successful lawyer that is a stoner and/ or alcoholic.  Alcohol is a drug, and while the bragging of high school drunkenness might stop, the drinking continues for many people.  I can tell you right now, no matter what I do and whether or not I am successful I will smoke marijuana and do mushrooms for at least 10 more years.  No questions asked, no possibilities excluded.



Damn everybody else took all the good lines.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 01:49:53 am »

Oh please. Some folks just like to get fucked up. I work with a guy who is so deep into World of Warcraft, every dinner is a discussion about how later he is going on a big mission to secure some magical crossbow or some shit. Everybody got their goofy thing that they do that you aren't interested in. In some people's case, it happens to be getting their slant on. You don't wanna hear about it, skip the post. Keith, feel free to discuss legendary benders here as far as I'm concerned. I mean, lots of people want to talk about how cool the Pogues and Charles Bukowski and the Stones are . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 05:12:56 am »

I love to get fucked up.

I never do, but I fantasize about it a lot. It seems like an interesting concept.
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:56 am »

I do mention it alot, but this is on the internet, so some backstory must be involved. 

I like drugs.  I do drugs.  I have had a job since I was 15 and am paying my way through college.  I am an adult, so don't speak for me and tell me what my life will or has become.

V-Adore:  you may be correct about the statistics, but that is generally your drunk college guy.  I think another interesting statistic would be how often I have talked about tobacco.  Probably 3 to 4 times, all in context.  How many times have I talked about being drunk?  I don't know, but most are probably when I was apologizing for making drunk comments (i'll go ahead and apologize now if I say anything bad here).  How many times do caffeine users talk about coffee?  Any Xanax users?  Adderall?  Alright, well all of those drugs, with the possible exception of caffeine, are stronger than weed.  Why do I talk about it?  Because pharmaceutical and alcohol and tobacco companies and people who think that drug use is bad and pop an aspirin are in this world.  Sometimes they are helpful, sometimes not, but unfortunately, it makes me and others like myself criminals, which makes it a pretty big issue to me.

I'll make you a deal, any one here gives me a valid, rational, non-hypocritical  and non-political reason on why marijuana should be illegal while tobacco and alcohol remain legal and I will never mention any drug on this board again.

Also, while your at it, perhaps someone could explain why, if marijuana is so bad, nearly all of the greatest thinkers of the past 50 years have used it?  Is Bob Dylan a criminal?  Keith Richards?  That guy you know (everyone knows them)?  "Go ahead and just burn your fuck*ng record collection" (poorly paraphrased Bill Hicks)

Alright, maybe.  How about Carl Sagan?  Clinton?  Bush? (well, uh, yeah, but not for that)



Can we at least agree that pot smokers can be very component people (definitely as much so as Xanax, that shit straight turns off part of your head), some of the most creative our society has ever seen, that many, many, many (97%?) people have some mind changing habit, and mainly that not everyone, especially adult drug users go around "LOLING ABOUT HOW DRUNK WE ARE".  No, that is what you do in high school, maybe freshman year of college.  Not many people I know brag about their drug use.  They simply do it because they like or have to.  It is not high school, but of course maybe you all are right.  Maybe that is the impression you get because you work with a bunch of annoying ass old alcoholics.  I mean, Vonnegut says that High School represents American life better than anything else.  That could mean people act the same way.  Maybe you all are right, and that it is just going to be some huge fuck*ng joke and I am going to regress back in to a clicked out asshole.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 10:00:52 am »

Dude I don't think anyone is down on weed that badly, it's just a matter of not hearing about it all the goddamn time. It's such as when I catch a bus from uni on a friday night and all the dudes who live on campus get on drunk and talk about nothing about how drunk they are it's damn tedious is what it is.
That said this is a message board and I can skip your posts if they aren't entertaining me so post away, just don't act like this is some deep attack on your way of life.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up