Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Half the Dog She Used to Be  (Read 6963 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Half the Dog She Used to Be
« on: February 26, 2007, 06:03:22 am »

My 18 month old miniature American Eskimo dog Petunia seems to have gotten confused by the recent spell of warm weather.  We had about 2 weeks of warm (even for California) weather and I woke up this morning to a house covered with a fine layer of dog hair.  I took her outside with some grooming brushes, and 40 minutes later had a lot less dog.  Or so it looks...

The wind blew about 2x this amount down the path.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:09:12 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:35:36 am »

So fluffy and cute!

I love the name Petunia. My little dudes shed so much that I've threatened to shave them.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:24:25 pm »

I like my dog a lot better when he is similarly shorn.
Mostly because it kind of makes us look like those pictures where the dude looks like his dog. Less so now that I don't have long-ish hair to compare to his ears. But generally he just seems happier and more active when his hair is short. We did have to buy him a little coat, though, because the first time we cut his hair in the winter he spent the whole day curled up in a ball in his bed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:30:56 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:41 pm »

I like Gus's hat! I fear, however, that Gus does not.

That bulldog after him in your photostream is mad proud of himself, though. He is rockin' that purple-and-leopard coat.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 12:00:28 am »

Great hat, but that pup is just not feeling it. Someone drop a brat.
Logged
We must repeat!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:27:59 am »

Originally we were going to get 2 pugs, a boy we'd name "Football" (because you could carry him like one) and a girl named Petunia (after Porky Pig's girlfriend).  Fortune put an American Eskimo pup in our hands instead, and since she's female she acquired Petunia as a moniker.  Later that year I planted a bunch of assorted flowers along the walkway visible in that picture.  She wasn't interested in most of them, but she ate the blooms off the petunias.  Coincidence?  I think not.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 12:52:44 am »

That's a lovely half a dog you have but that doesn't mean you can't also have two pugs in addition.  Come on, how can you resist?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 10:02:04 pm »

Do you like my hat?

I do not like it.

Dogs in cars again.  Going away.  Going away fast.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »

I do not like it.

Dogs in cars again.  Going away.  Going away fast.

A Dog Party!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:16 pm »

Dogs in cars again.fast.

Just made me think of Dogs in Elk. Again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 12:29:26 am »

I do not like it.

Dogs in cars again.  Going away.  Going away fast.

I can't believe I didn't pick up on the theme there first time. And I just pulled that out for the newest one's edumentainment.

Go, Dogs, Go!
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 12:45:56 am »

make sure you get that kid the REAL THING. Not any of this simplified crap where they took out some parts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 03:20:50 am »

That's a lovely half a dog you have but that doesn't mean you can't also have two pugs in addition.  Come on, how can you resist?

OH NOOOO omba! Not the pug cuteness! I am powerless to resist posting a million "cuuuuute" comments. I would love a pug, but the little boys would smother me in my sleep if I ever introduced another quadruped to my household.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Dog She Used to Be
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 03:29:41 am »

I like my dog a lot better when he is similarly shorn.
Mostly because it kind of makes us look like those pictures where the dude looks like his dog. Less so now that I don't have long-ish hair to compare to his ears. But generally he just seems happier and more active when his hair is short. We did have to buy him a little coat, though, because the first time we cut his hair in the winter he spent the whole day curled up in a ball in his bed.

I think you are supposed to shave dogs in summer and let them grow their hair out for winter.  At least that is what we do with my Great Pyrenees.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up