Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo  (Read 4647 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« on: February 26, 2007, 12:06:30 pm »

Maybe Ray should have stuck with his first idea.

I'm really digging panel four.  Is it just a metaphor, or was he actually going to construct a set for some sort of David Blaine-esque street performance?

Wow, two first posts in a row.  Maybe I should get my own crescent moon.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:33:05 pm »

Of COURSE you're digging panel four.  You like cats in crescent moons, dude.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:05:34 pm »

You can practically see Ray's ambitions augering in like a gut-shot mallard before he even gets so far as a possible number three.

I love that crazy guy!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 02:27:07 pm by Bimmicus »
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Teldin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:42:37 pm »

I think the biggest question I have is who is Ray talking to on the phone?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:03:36 pm »

I'm guessing he's talking to Teodor, since he was the only one there for the initial discussion.

The SO read Julia & Julia about a month ago and was really into it.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:09:06 pm »

Of COURSE you're digging panel four.  You like cats in crescent moons, dude.

Cats in crescent moons rule.  I honestly forgot about my own avatar until after I posted, though.  Now I feel really stupid.  I blame it on the influence of the moon last night, which was also a crescent.

On second thought, I think the bowtie and starry background may give panel four away as more than a publicly staged dictionary-reading stunt.  No, Ray is clearly being hoisted into the heavens during the grand finale of a of a big song-and-dance number, the lyrics of which consist entirely of random words from the dictionary.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »

Lark's tongue in aspic!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 05:51:54 pm »

Lark's tongue in aspic!

What was with that owl all covered in mayonnaise? That was depressing.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

The contrast between panels four and six really make this strip and show a lot about Ray's mindset lately. When he reads words in the dictionary, he does it with flair and showmanship and attracts a crowd. When he attempts new sex positions, he just keeps turning back to that old reliable way, the Shameful Masturbation Triple Lutz. (Incidentally, is there anything more shameful than turning on the water in the bathroom to masturbate when you're alone in your own house? That just indicates some low self-esteem, right there. Or maybe he doesn't want to hear Beef getting his bone on out in the boathouse.)
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 06:38:51 pm »

Quote from: V-Adore
Or maybe he doesn't want to hear Beef getting his bone on out in the boathouse.

I don't think Ray thinks that far ahead without prior needling and... I don't think Beef would ever call a man on the fact that he heard the fella wanking. It would be close to almost kinda sorta being slightly gay.

I'm thinking it was Molly who overheard him and called him on it. Only since then has he thought to be paranoid about the subject. Not because he's ashamed but because in his mind, he's afraid it would tempt Molly to go after him and he couldn't do that, not to a buddy from small times.

On the same token, he knows that if Molly came onto him in a time of particular desperation, he would in no way have the force of will to not have sex with her. It is like someone who knows that if they get drunk in the bar, they will hook up with a stranger and don't want to do that...

It's not that they figure out how to control themselves when they're drunk. They don't go to the bar and not drink enough to do that. Their own ability to overcome their instincts, well, they don't believe they could ever do that.

So, instead, they don't go to the bar.

Ray thinks Molly would not resist mounting him if she caught him pulling one out and... Ray realizes he would not resist the mounting either if he was already pulling said one out... and he would never want to hurt Beef like that.

In Ray-Logic, where he thinks all women want him and where he knows he wants all women, the only path out is avoidance. Doing everything he can to obscure when he is playing his one-man band.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 09:21:22 pm »

People please.  This is bordering on the slash fic I thought we'd get buried under after last week's T&A cartoons.  It is none of our business how or if a cartoon cat wanks.

Incidentally, my phone number is one digit away from spelling CAT-WANK.  It's a handier mnemonic than you might imagine.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 09:24:21 pm »

augh

mets I loved that thing you did in the other topic but this might be too much

Incidentally, my phone number is one digit away from spelling CAT-WANK.  It's a handier mnemonic than you might imagine.

score
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 09:26:01 pm »

I feel that there is a difference between "fan fic" and "comparing the cartoon cats' situation to a situation that happens in the world, you know"
and LFM is firmly within the latter. He is just saying what he knows about jacking off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 09:32:10 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
He is just saying what he knows about jacking off.

Damn right.

Wait. Wait, I mean...

Damn right.

I know guys who would be afraid of jerking off in the same house as their friend's girlfriend only because they wouldn't wanna tempt the lady in question. There are people like that in the world. More than you would ever care to think.

Alls I'm sayin' is.... Ray is one of those dudes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 26, 2007 - Shock-Walk of the Thirteen Year-Old Flamingo
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 09:45:23 pm »

So I guess this would be entirely the wrong time to point out that the sight of Ray's sack draping ever-so-slightly over the edge of the moon is somewhat... unnerving?

Nevermind. There pretty much is no right time for a thing like that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:48:50 pm by Bimmicus »
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up