Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream  (Read 2106 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

1) Teodor is letting himself go

2) The Iraqi Speaker of the Council of Representatives -- baker?

link


(edited to add link what the HELL people - w)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:32:56 pm by wombat »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:24 pm »

3) No link?


Also Al Qaeda seem kind of fussy about food.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »

most forgettable.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 01:56:38 pm »

Today's quiz: Which recipe was contributed by Pat?
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 06:15:31 pm »

I'd imagine there are quite a few people like Pat in Al-Qaeda.  If you're growing up in the kind of circumstances they recruit from, that is unfortunately probably the only real outlet for Pat-like self-righteous anger.  I'm not entirely sure they would share his culinary tastes, though.

This one is pretty meh, but Onstad's take on the culture of the Islamic world is rather amusing.  Also, if a cookbook has a picture of a live animal next to each recipe, I'd imagine that's probably a bad sign.  All hell of Swedish Chef.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 07:23:45 pm »

I'm pretty straight with just making beer butt chicken. No Islamic fundamentalism required.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 08:28:01 pm »

That's a pretty poetic way of saying that you don't want those extra calories, though.

Who wants to see their own shadow the following morning indeed. I sure don't.

I'll give "The War on Terrorists That Only Kind of Exist" points over "The Cold War" on that angle: our adversaries are hell of more poetic. Russians don't use "the" half the time. At least these guys and gals are completely florid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:48 pm »


I'll give "The War on Terrorists That Only Kind of Exist" points over "The Cold War" on that angle: our adversaries are hell of more poetic. Russians don't use "the" half the time. At least these guys and gals are completely florid.

Dude if you change "On Terrorists" to "Against Terrorirsts" your acronym would spell "T.W.A.T. T.O.K.E."

Think about it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 10:27:43 pm »

well... in their own language they use "the" on almost every goddamn word. so it comes naturally to them I'm sure.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 11:14:52 pm »

Doesn't Islam have some pretty tough dietary restrictions? I wonder if Onstad did his homework before conjuring up recipes for Terrorist Fuel.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:21 pm »

Very little is said about the actual recipes. Chicken of itself does not violate the rules of halal; neither do egg whites, cocoa powder, chocolate, or any particular combination of those three. Therefore, I don't think the Islamic dietary restrictions are a problem with regard to what of the recipes we see.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up