Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?  (Read 3676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 01:59:39 pm »

Holy hell jough.  Those are some mad tips.  Here's a can - you can probably incorporate the tiny bit of soda in it into making a decent risotto.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:03 pm »

Jough, you get a can for the following:

"Keep stirring, asshole," the idea of an "apocryphal risotto" (so sounds like a band name), and "Mr. European Knowledgeable Sex Machine" (because, as you know, all of those things go together, of course). ;)

Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 02:45:00 am »

Damn, jough! That list was a little intimidating. Maybe I'm not tenacious enough to make risotto.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 08:20:10 pm »

Hey jough, just so you know I had a little jough voice in my head calling me an asshole on Friday while I made some kick ass risotto.  Thanks for the tips - they definitely helped.  It's interesting because none of the recipes I found on-line that I liked mentioned keeping the broth hot, but it definitely made a huge difference - it was absorbed almost immediately when added

I made a beautiful purple onion Champagne risotto with a nice Beef stock.  It was just perfect.  I am interested in trying something a little more adventurous next time though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Best Risotto Recipe Ever?
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 08:32:33 pm »

Quote from: Risotto King of the #####
"Bon appetite, and while I don't want you to get drunk, that's a very fine Pinot you're not drinking."

I have heard many awesome things lately. This puts awesome into another, lesser, league.

fuck*ng A, Risotto King.
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up