Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Poll

Best Possible Decision Flow Chart

ray
- 3 (9.7%)
nice pete
- 11 (35.5%)
teodore
- 1 (3.2%)
lyle
- 5 (16.1%)
roast beef
- 1 (3.2%)
Touamb Hive Mind
- 5 (16.1%)
Philippe
- 2 (6.5%)
pat
- 3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.  (Read 10068 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 12:35:06 am »

How did you manage to do this, even under the influence of the demon java?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 12:43:27 am »

I'm sensitive to caffeine and impulsive, and the roofs at my college are easily scaled, plus some friends wanted to walk on the roof. The destroying thing happened when I thought it would be a great idea to pick up roof tiles and drop them down a ventilation shaft. Not a good idea.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 12:49:32 am »

Hm. Okay, I suppose I understand.

My issues are anxiety which is kinda the exact opposite of an impulse control issue. My problem isn't about stopping myself from throwing roof titles, my problem's with not having so much sense that I don't even get out of bed in the morning.

Also, caffiene is pretty much just a part of my system, I am brewing a pot of coffee which will include my sixth coffee of the day as we type. Basically the only thing any drug has ever made me do out of my nature is, like, occasionally making me want to lay down and listen to "Odelay" more than I might usually wanna lay down and listen to "Odelay".

We are very different people, you and I.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 12:59:00 am »

It's a little scary, the enthusiasm for the Nice Pete flow chart in the poll.  Times like these I am glad you are all imaginary.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 01:43:02 am »

OK, so in one of the Calvin & Hobbes books where Watterson writes little comments on the strips, there's that run of dailies wherein Calvin's Imagination Game ultimately results in him just getting bigger and bigger and bigger, stepping over the city, poking his head through the clouds, wading through the ocean, balancing on the globe, tumbling through the stars.

Watterson comments something to the effect that he wanted to just do a silent series of Calvin growing for a full month but decided against it.

Mr. Onstad might be at a similar moment of decision.  Having blown the brains of his most popular two characters all over the Visio wall, he debates the merits of doing up the rest of the cast vs. getting in more food jokes and fancy illustrations of cars and whatnot.  Will it alienate the readers?  Will it just be a dumb distraction?  With a little bit of writer's indecision, he glances at the forums.  There, standing like a gang of middle-school friends, gawking up at their shake-kneed companion on the highdive, we chant:

do it   
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 01:44:26 am »

It's a little scary, the enthusiasm for the Nice Pete flow chart in the poll.  Times like these I am glad you are all imaginary.

1. I am very very real. Much to AugustWest's chagrin.
2. Nice Pete is the most complex character in the whole crew and an insight into his mind would be priceless.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 01:52:03 am »

Colmore. Though you did not really do what I am about to say, you have just made me realize what the new frontier of Strange Obsessive Internet Things is going to be:

Fan fiction about the author.

***

example:

Gail Simone raised the cup of coffee to her lips, no lipstick, it was not that kind of morning. Today was a day for working. She sauntered over to the word processor and asked herself, "what should the Black Canary do in this situation? Should she run away with the Green Arrow and get married? Should she punch Dr. Light in the nuts? Should she totally make out with the Huntress?"

She paused and thought to herself, "hm" and sipped the coffee again. Needs more sugar.

***

Oh, man. So awesome. I look forward to this trend.

Especially when the self-insert and/or slash author fan-fiction begins.

Whole new worlds of desperation and depravity to feel better then.

We need to slip this idea under the pillow of the fan-fictsters.

We need to make this happen.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 02:51:28 am »

2. Nice Pete is the most complex character in the whole crew and an insight into his mind would be priceless.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003

I really think Todd's thinking would be the most complicated... but it would just be a maze with only one or two exits.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 03:13:50 am »

I really think Todd's thinking would be the most complicated... but it would just be a maze with only one or two exits.

I agree, but I suspect that Nice pete would have overlapping boxes and arrows that point out into nowhere and just a big box that says KNIVES with several arrows pointing towards it.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 04:13:19 am »

Colmore. Though you did not really do what I am about to say, you have just made me realize what the new frontier of Strange Obsessive Internet Things is going to be:

Fan fiction about the author.


When I read this, I immediately thought of NPR's Robert Siegal and Terry Gross fan fiction, even though they aren't authors. I don't know why, unless my subconcious is trying to tell me something.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 04:20:19 am »

my favorite part is "HE IS UGLY" "HILARIOUS"
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 04:24:55 am »

Quote from: chuanoplast
NPR's Robert Siegal and Terry Gross fan fiction

Oh. Man. This doesn't actually exist, right?

Christ. I am now completely afraid that someday a pop-up ad will fill my computer with Garrison Keilor/Amy Sedaris slash fiction and I will have to shoot it. I will have to shoot my computer so as to make sure the slash fiction does not come back.

...not that Amy Sedaris isn't kinda hot in a "okay, she's a little too old for me but..." way.

But Garrison Keilor definitely is not.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 04:27:20 am »

LFM: You have just won the internet. Your Quest is over. We present you with a new Quest.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 04:51:53 am »

I was paralyzed with shock and fear after LFM wrote those two names that are not horrible by themselves but together somehow create the worst possible image ever seen. I'm going to go wash my brain with brain-soap now.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 1, 2007 - A baseball cap can hold the average puke.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 05:04:50 am »

Im glad my poll was popular, but I honestly did not expect lyle and the hive mind to place and show.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up