Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!  (Read 13760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:15 pm »

You wanna know the rest? Hey -- buy the rights!

V, that's not good at all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 09:12:02 pm »

Then I ram my ovapositor down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest. But I'm not an alien!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 10:47:05 pm »

I was only 16 but I guess that's no excuse
My sister was 32, lovely and loose
She don't wear no underwear
She says it only gets in her hair
And it's got a funny way of stoppin' the juice


Too mainstream?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:39 pm »

I was only 16 but I guess that's no excuse
My sister was 32, lovely and loose
She don't wear no underwear
She says it only gets in her hair
And it's got a funny way of stoppin' the juice


Too mainstream?

No. Definitely not.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 11:59:43 pm »

Lithium is no longer available on credit.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 02:49:51 am »

I'm going where there's no depression.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 03:17:57 am »

Your perfect match is: Meestur Hote Doge!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:30 am »

"Looks like he got a heaping helping of Russian butt-loaf!"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 04:03:21 am »

Parking meters! And you're walking around!
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 05:00:00 am »

Set phasers to "sudden interest in botany."

He tried to kill me with a forklift!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 05:21:52 am »

"I was born before the Age of Chivalry."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:19 am »

Now we'll soar like eagles!  Like eagles...  on pogo sticks!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 03:21:28 pm »

So when the phone rang
in the secret briefcase
a strong masculine hand
with a Dudley Do-Right wristwatch
and flexi-bracelet
Grabbed it
And answered in a deep
calmly assured masculine voice.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 03:56:11 pm »

One fun thing to do in threads like this one is to require that the new poster identify at least one obscure reference before posting something new, but I'm not going to stipulate that.

I have the strangest little inkling that V's is, if not actually from Cool Hand Luke, in keeping with the spirit of that film.



Fleshy-headed mutant. Are you friendly?

The wine does go well with the chicken.





Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 04:28:15 pm »

One fun thing to do in threads like this one is to require that the new poster identify at least one obscure reference before posting something new, but I'm not going to stipulate that.

I don't think I've gotten one non-BNL reference so far.

And hang a calfskin on they recreant limbs
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up