Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!  (Read 13699 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 09:02:05 pm »

I don't think I've gotten one non-BNL reference so far.

What, you don't like the Beastie Boys?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 09:16:23 pm »

What, you don't like the Beastie Boys?

I'm really only familiar with the singles and there are parts of those I don't know the words to. I fail to keep even 1 borough in stitches.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:58 pm »

I'm really only familiar with the singles and there are parts of those I don't know the words to. I fail to keep even 1 borough in stitches.

Fair enough - I'm the same way about Hemstad.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 09:25:21 pm »

Fair enough - I'm the same way about Hemstad.

This is even funnier because Hemstad songs don't have lyrics. Well sometimes they go, like, "doo doo doo" and stuff.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:51 pm »

This is even funnier because Hemstad songs don't have lyrics. Well sometimes they go, like, "doo doo doo" and stuff.

Exaaaaaaaaaactly!

Not really.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 10:39:59 pm »

If you don't know this one it's tragic because you will probably never get the opportunity.

"She always called me robert, but the people in this city call me Bob."
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 12:46:33 am »

"Every jumbled pile of person has
a thinking part that wonders
what the part that isn't thinking
isn't thinking of." 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 01:57:45 am »

"Every jumbled pile of person has
a thinking part that wonders
what the part that isn't thinking
isn't thinking of." 

Should you worry when the skullhead is in front of you, Or is it worse because it's always waiting Where your eyes don't go?



and his baby brother's playing seek and hide. I did it backwards again, that's 11 out of 10, all he wanted was best 3 out of 5
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 02:21:27 am »

and his baby brother's playing seek and hide. I did it backwards again, that's 11 out of 10, all he wanted was best 3 out of 5

Baby's playing dead in cellar
Gave her water; she got paler
Grass stains, back burns, she's a screamer
She's just dusted; leave her
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 03:00:11 am »

Baby's playing dead in cellar
Gave her water; she got paler
Grass stains, back burns, she's a screamer
She's just dusted; leave her

That's one of the first albums I ever bought! Belly's Star. that totally brings back memories of smoking on hot summer nights in my backyard with my friends when I was 15.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 03:36:13 am »

That's one of the first albums I ever bought! Belly's Star. that totally brings back memories of smoking on hot summer nights in my backyard with my friends when I was 15.

Hi. Pleased to meet you. I'm 1000 years old.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 03:40:54 am »

Hi. Pleased to meet you. I'm 1000 years old.
In your darkest hour you're talking like this, for you are one thousand years old?

Anyway, Star also brings up memories of my youth, since when I was 13 and just getting into pop music, my preferred radio station would play "Feed the Tree" religiously during the afternoon right after school. Several years later, I found a copy of the album at a used music store near my grandparents' house, and (while, like most albums I buy for the singles, I like the rest of the album much better) I've enjoyed the nostalgia ever since.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 04:57:04 am »

No, don't pull on that. You never know what it might be attached to.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 05:03:38 am »

It looks just like a Telefunken U-47.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 05:55:44 am »

Semen is such a persistant state.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up