Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!  (Read 13747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 05:17:36 am »

:: "Ducky!" "Get the fuck in!"

The end of the Mr. Show episode "It's Perfectly Understandishable". After the new Dhali Lama, who used to completely be a stoner, defeated the rich fat kid's camp in the Summer Camp Olympics by slitting a fat kid's throat and then winning a rap competition...

Well, the Lama and his best friend are picked up by Jon Cryer and a monkey named Dr. Bologna in a convertable. It's pretty much the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Oh man, I didn't recognize that line, but I love that monks vs. fat kids skit.  Especially: "All life is sacred... from the lowly beetle-bug... to the nuclear reactor's core." 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:04 am »

The last portion of that episode... from the moment he pulls down the map to the end... was pretty much the funniest thing I'd ever seen. When my roommate and I in college were watching it, we both fell out of our beds laughing. I hyperventilated. It was a pretty crazy situation.

Until I saw the work of Tim & Eric on Adult Swim (who work with the Mr. Show guys, anyway) I had never laughed that hard at anything on a television again. "Awesome Show, Great Job" has made me fall off of sitting devices... and thank God for it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2007, 06:13:02 am »

Do you notice that there is a personal message? If so, I will decide you choose not to respond. (This goes for the rest of you, as V is not the only one to recieve personal notes.)

I did not notice, because (in one of the few things I really dislike about Simple Machines boards) I find the private message indicator way more hidden than I would have liked. Le sigh. Checking now...
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2007, 06:23:58 am »

Until I saw the work of Tim & Eric on Adult Swim
Yeah, these guys were in town tonight and did a show. We were going to go to it, but the lovely and talented Ms. Nabu had schoolwork. I suspect it was good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »

Fleshy-headed mutant. Are you friendly?

No way eh!

The one I posted way back when is from the movie "Fear of a Black Hat," which you should watch if you were at all into hip-hop in the late 80s/early 90s.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:38 pm »

I really really want to watch that film.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2007, 11:13:20 pm »

No way eh!

The one I posted way back when is from the movie "Fear of a Black Hat," which you should watch if you were at all into hip-hop in the late 80s/early 90s.

I saw that movie! That is so lost in my mind, I never would have believed it was real if you hadn't brought it up. I really liked that guy Rusty Cundieff - I saw him first on TV Nation. That makes me think of "CB4", which makes me think of Charlie Murphy, which makes me think of "Roll Bounce".


"Man, pimps got advice, too. Look, stop discriminating on the black man. In the immortal words of my cousin, Rudy Rambo III, from the East Side, there's three types of people in this world - people who make things happen, people who watch things happen, and people who get pimp slapped for not having Rudy Rambo's money on time."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2007, 08:41:52 pm »

In the spirit of this being a true Fuck You Friday:

Fuck, fuck, motherfuck, noinge, noinge, noinge.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2007, 08:45:41 pm »

Quote from: V-Adore
In the spirit of this being a true Fuck You Friday:

Fuck, fuck, motherfuck, noinge, noinge, noinge.

Least obscure reference in this thread? Or am I just in a weird bubble?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:29 pm »

Least obscure reference in this thread? Or am I just in a weird bubble?

If I'm correct in understanding that "noinge" is one of the Jay Noises then I'd say this is pretty mainstream.

Of course in another thread I decided to respond to a TMBG quote by quoting another song that was actually the first one in reverse, so I'm not exactly representative of the population at large.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2007, 09:40:11 pm »

I'm not exactly representative of the population at large.

Jesus, the understatement klaxon is going off!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2007, 02:14:49 am »

Least obscure reference in this thread? Or am I just in a weird bubble?

I just wanted something to revive the thread with, and I wanted something with "fuck" in it, so I went with the first thing that came to mind. To make up street cred, possibly the most obscure reference in the thread:

It's the... Bourgeois *****!!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2007, 02:24:57 am »

City of Industry!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2007, 05:10:25 am »

Louie is Down!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a purposely obscure cultural reference!
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2007, 05:10:46 am »

A secret is revealed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up