Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of birthdays  (Read 3872 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog

Chuano is a fine nickname, as long as it rhymes with "guano."

"Chewy" works too, but I'll probably forget what it's referring to and get confused.

Don't eat the cyber cake!
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile

Don't eat the cyber cake!

This seems like a statement that would work on a t-shirt. Maybe with a vintage woodcut-type-drawing of a man with a cake made of components.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

that's really funny, because when I went to Amsterdam they told us "Don't eat the Space Cake" and I really wanted that to be the name of my band.

Also: Muse, I apologize, I thought I had posted some birthday wishes here. Happy Late Birthday! You seem like a pleasant and kind person.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Happy Birthday, happy mirthday.  Don't eat the cake until you've mashed it around with your bottom.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Happy Birthday, happy mirthday.  Don't eat the cake until you've mashed it around with your bottom.
I think that's an either/or thing, Paul.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: Nabubrush drinks (a lot)
I think that's an either/or thing, Paul.

Well, not necessarily but...

You'd better be REALLY REALLY sure of your bottom-cleanliness.

Like, right after a thorough shower.

Or, I suppose, you might not have to if you're into real fucked up stuff.

One or the other.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Well, not necessarily but...

You'd better be REALLY REALLY sure of your bottom-cleanliness.

Like, right after a thorough shower.

Or, I suppose, you might not have to if you're into real fucked up stuff.

One or the other.
It is supposed to end up so smeared and mashed and mixed with other things that it would not be possible to eat it. OK?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog

Happy Birthday, happy mirthday.  Don't eat the cake until you've mashed it around with your bottom.

The headless Harry Potter is supposed to guard against these sorts of things happening!
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I just have to say, I was moved to tears of mirth while reading the quotation from Henry V, including the following Jough-mask-ism:

Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts;
Into a thousand parts divide on man,
And make imaginary puissance;
Think when we talk of hosss, that you see them
Printing their proud hoofs i' the receiving earth;


Burie'd in the Bard's flowery prose we find "hosss", which I take to be the plural of hoss.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

Okay, there's absolutely no excuse for me to have missed this one.

Happy Birthday, Muse.  Be careful mashing the cyber cake around with your bottom - you wouldn't want to electrocute yourself.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up