Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dick + The Fags (09-29-03)  (Read 5574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (09-29-03)
« on: September 29, 2003, 03:31:40 am »

Monday's strip is up.

Your pal,

Naked Lady President

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:32:51 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 04:08:39 am »

Also: "D'shawn." And the unbelievably awesome car the alt text describes as the Sexual Homeboys' sweet ride.

But the bunny wins it. Hollandaise be cold understandin' the SONG OF AMERICA.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 04:24:25 am »

I SO TOTALLY WANT a Prime Time Records LP bag. Or boxers.

Yes, the perk-eared bunny taketh yon cake.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 05:34:03 am »

When I first saw the subject line I thought someone had spammed the board.  I was getting out my "banning iron" to take it to someone's throat, and was a little disappointed I didn't get to c'lapse no tracheas.

The little bunny, Hollandaise, is adorable.  He's going to end up getting eaten by one of the crew, though.  This *is* Achewood, after all.

It sounds like no one on Prime Time Records is available, except the Sexual Homeboys.  Of course, Dick and the Fags could sort out their legal problems...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 04:30:36 pm »

Whatever happened to Doggz to the Bizzone?

Also, while there's a pretty clear plurality that the rabbit rules today's strip, I cast my 2nd place vote to "Little Nephew (Grounded)" Partly because he actually got a contract after the rap battle, but mostly because of being grounded.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 05:19:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The little bunny, Hollandaise, is adorable.  He's going to end up getting eaten by one of the crew, though.  This *is* Achewood, after all.


This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 05:32:15 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?


For the same reason that this stuffed elephant isn't sentient but stuffed otters apparently are.

I'd say it's a size thing, but then look at Todd.

Hold on! I was just about to post this when I realized it would be very difficult for non-sentient bunnies to build ambulences and have social services. Apparently Hollandaise simply chooses to hang with Pat and do pet like things. Maybe he just likes to be held. I mean, look how he's just following Pat around in Friday's strip. A non-concious bunny would never be that obedient or have the capacity to choose to act like that.

Of course now I understand the whole elephant thing even less than when I started this.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 06:23:05 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Also, while there's a pretty clear plurality that the rabbit rules today's strip, I cast my 2nd place vote to "Little Nephew (Grounded)" Partly because he actually got a contract after the rap battle, but mostly because of being grounded.


I have to second that vote for Little Nephew.  Maybe Ray grounded him because he wouldn't stop listening to Hyddyn Sceptyre
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 07:34:40 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?


Because it is a cartoon, and can follow whatever conceits the artist requires at any given time.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 07:48:26 pm »

Isn't that a corrolary to the First Law of Parenthood, i.e. "Because I say so, that's why!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 07:52:53 pm »

I think "Several Thousand Dollars in Motion" is the best name out of that bunch ... too bad Ray hates 'em.  I wonder what they did?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2003, 07:56:07 pm »

So ferocious j, why are you and the other band members in litigation with Dick?

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 01:30:15 am »

Quote from: "jough"
So ferocious j, why are you and the other band members in litigation with Dick?


do you know people in real life who like you?  I ask because you are an asshole
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 02:07:40 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I mean, look how he's just following Pat around in Friday's strip. A non-concious bunny would never be that obedient or have the capacity to choose to act like that.


Sidling quicky past beverley's post (I love Jough with an abandon akin to utter recklessness - like Onstad, I gotta love him 'cause he's as evil as I used to be, and miss being)...

My rabbit, the one I ever had, was actually remarkably obedient. Not in any bizarre 'we trained him to be' way. But you could open his hutch and wander off for half an hour and come back and he'd have hopped out to eat the dandelions surrounding his hutch, but wouldn't dare stray.
He never did. He lived to a remarkable age for a rabbit (something around 8 or 9 I think) and seemed very content and happy for all of that.

But anyway, just so you know, some times they are willing to follow you around and be like Pat's lil' friend.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 02:26:15 am »

Both Jough and the J man have yanked my chain on occasion, and hell, I love 'em both.

Huuuugggsss!


DAMMIT!  Nice Jough has infected me!  I gotta go get Lyle-ed up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up