Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments  (Read 9489 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 08:39:27 pm »

You could always dip a Chocodile in tempura batter and then, y'know, sorta deep-fry it. 

I will send $2.78 to the first person who does this and posts photos of the result on the TOUAMB Flickr.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 10:29:24 pm »

Buddy of mine, serious eater, had the deep-fried Snickers. He said they suck. This is like the only time I've ever heard of that he ate anything and didn't like it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 04:36:19 am »

This thread is an abomination.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 06:12:44 am »

I can't speak to a snickers but deep fried mars bars are alright. Not the greatest thing on earth but tasty in a fully commiting to the sin of gluttony kind of way.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 08:53:47 am »

Why is it that frying renders foods so grelicious, yet so hella bad for you? It's a question that I ask myself when I order a salad instead of the deep-fried halibut giraffe n' chips. Or chicken tenders. Or buffalo wings.

Dammit, now I'm all hungry. Payday isn't until the 10th.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A question vis-a-vis chili and other accompaniments
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 05:37:54 pm »

When it comes to things that really aren't meant to be deep fried, that are anyway... I'd say the tastiest is sushi maki.  It's such a crazy bastardization.   How can we make this predominantly healthy food stuff into something that is so bad for you that you Japanese mama will cry?  I know let's deep fry that mother fucker!  There is a proliferation of deep fried maki around, and most of it is ho-hum, but there's this one roll that a place near by makes called "happy mouth" with spicy tuna, avocado and salmon that they then dip in tempura and deep fry just long enough to crisp-i-fy it without cooking the stuff inside.  So wrong.  So right.  What someone needs to do is put it on a stick and sell it at amusement parks.  Sushi-yahoo!

When it comes to chili I made an ass kicking slow cooker chili with this beautiful sun-dried tomato turkey sausage and sweet potatoes.  It was so good.  Sometimes I regret that I never work from recipes, because I'm pretty sure this is one I'll never replicate perfectly again.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up