Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The death of Internet Radio predicted once again  (Read 1024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The death of Internet Radio predicted once again
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:21:52 pm »

http://www.metafilter.com/59143/Its-back-to-pirated-music-I-guess

I always get a little nervous when this sort of thing comes up, because I love my Internet radio stations like they're family. But how many times has the death of the process been predicted already?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The death of Internet Radio predicted once again
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 05:12:47 pm »

I only skimmed the article but I doubt this sort of thing will be a problem. This is another in a long line of internet related legislation but while these companies and governmental bodies are happy to come up with rules for the internet it seems like these rules are enforced primarily by wishing really hard.
Fear not, noble Golfhaus, your free tunes are safe for now.
I got the impression this stuff mainly relates to streaming radio, do they have a plan on how to charge royalties for podcasts as well? I mean you download it once but folk could be listening to it dozens of times, they could be sharing it online with those naughty p2p services. Scandalous!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up