I have to be honest, this was the first time I had ever heard a joke about a crazy guy on a cell phone and I laughed a bunch. Of course, I bet the execution of it is better than anyone else's anyway.
In a similar vein, I felt like hot or not spoofs have been way overdone and therefore was not as amused by the hero or fatso line.
See, perhaps this is a cultural artifact of living in Southern California.
Pretty much the moment I stepped off a Greyhound bus in a flannel shirt with a stalk of wheat in my mouth and into Los Angeles, I saw a dude talking to himself and another dude joking that he didn't know if the dude was homeless or a powerful businessman.
You could make this joke ten or fifteen times a day, just off observations of that same scene.
Whereas... I dunno... "hot or not" jokes seem so old to me that it flipped the dial and became insanely funny because it was so very old and so far away from my consciousness. It would be like turning on your computer and finding a webpage about Mr. T eating your balls.
"Holy shit! I somehow woke up in 1995! So funny!"
That is why a hot or not reference is so funny to me. It was so long ago that I forgot about it.