Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.  (Read 11884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 01:26:31 am »

Quote
I like to think this is becuase I don't act like a damn fool with my personal information on the internets.

I would like to think this as well, but I do rather act like a damn fool with my personal information on the intraweb.

I figure that spam-blockers are like immune system: the only way they get better is if you test 'em!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 02:08:46 am »

There actually IS a song called "Gravity Train".  Track 14 on disc 2.

That would be cooler if it was the Tesco of Tesco Vee's Hate Police. Of course, Tesco wouldn't have anything to do with any of those songs.

I would like to think this as well, but I do rather act like a damn fool with my personal information on the intraweb.

I figure that spam-blockers are like immune system: the only way they get better is if you test 'em!

The problem is that it's more like stopping your regime of antibiotics early. The bacteria just gets that much stronger.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 04:56:22 pm »

Less a coincedence, more someone breaking Onstad's secret code.

We will only find out Molly's origin by listening to surfing-themed mix albums.

If a man or a lady did this to decode alleged significant messages in Achewood, that man or lady would be derided as insane at best and viewed skeptically even on TOUAMB.

If a man or a lady did this to decode alleged significant messages in LOST, that man or lady would be interviewed in TV Guide and be hailed as a hero on various other LOST fora.

It is up to us to determine which is worse.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 05:54:17 pm »

True. This is because TV is fuck*ng the world in the ear.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 01:00:41 am »

Tragic truth: It is actually possible to decode achewood in such a way. It will never be possible to decode lost becuase those writers have lost their grip on rationality. It just broke my heart when I realised they were turning into the x-files.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 01:22:05 am »

when I realised they were turning into the x-files.

QFT.  I watched the first season of Lost, mostly in re-runs.  I was thinking then "I hope these guys already have the bones of the story written, or this will end up like the X-files."   Two years(?) later, it seems to have come to pass.  It was at about season 6 of the X-files that I gave up hope and accepted the fact that the writers were purely making it up as they went along.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 01:30:14 am »

Sure, but that Gillian Anderson - whew!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 01:45:46 am »

I think it is More Than Fair to say that Gillian Anderson's early work in the X-Files is responsible for an entire generation of sick fucks' (and more than a few hot-nerd girls, I assume) sexual fixation on the Hot Librarian Lady Archetype.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 09:32:07 pm »

I, for one, am proud to admit that Gillian Anderson (or, at least Scully) is the sole reason I continued watching the show after I realized it had jumped the shark.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 5, 2007 - Take a hike, advice.
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 04:56:53 am »

Gillian Welch is totally gorgeous. also, this is my 1000th post.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up