Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks small, is small... feels small.  (Read 6833 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Looks small, is small... feels small.
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:18:21 am »

Currently I feel like Philippe in this strip. If you have extra hugs, please share them. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying clinical amounts of Ketel One.

Anyone have mob connections, by the way?
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 04:19:56 am »

Hugs are on the way.

However, my Italian blood is Tuscan not Sicilian.

If you need sundried tomatoes or plumbing invented, gimmie a call.

Mafia, not so much.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 04:29:26 am »

I have faith that you are, in fact, the torch and the grappling hook. And that Magnum, P.I. will show up any minute and let you ride his unicorn. Hang in there!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 05:00:48 am »

Many hugs granted.  Hang in there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 05:07:43 am »

Hugs to you - I hope my new avatar does not make you vomit.

Please do not forget the shelled walnuts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:24:36 am by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 06:02:29 am »

Hugs are of course in no short supply and you may have as many as you want.

I don't know any mafia people but I hell's angels dude once told me if I ever needed any help I could give him a call, or construction work, but since I'm in another continent and this was on a train I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Dare I ask the source of your most vexing depression?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 06:22:04 am »

Nooooo, MOF! I feel like I barely know you, but you seem very honest and likeable.

Anyway, me and Kellichou are most definitely Sicilian! Our great-grandfather bathtubbed beer for the Mafia during the Prohibition in Chicago! We're trying to finagle some dual citizenship if he was still an Italian citizen when our grandfather was born in 1917. Prohibition, obviously, was in the Roaring Twenties. Kelli explained all the crazy rules for obtaining dual citizenship, so I'm kind of fuzzy on the details.

Whoa, tangent! Why are you so upset, MOF? I hate to think about folks crying and feeling poorly.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:25:40 am »

Anyway, me and Kellichou are most definitely Sicilian! Our great-grandfather bathtubbed beer for the Mafia during the Prohibition in Chicago! We're trying to finagle some dual citizenship if he was still an Italian citizen when our grandfather was born in 1917. Prohibition, obviously, was in the Roaring Twenties. Kelli explained all the crazy rules for obtaining dual citizenship, so I'm kind of fuzzy on the details.

Whoa, tangent! Why are you so upset, MOF? I hate to think about folks crying and feeling poorly.

My grandfather lived in Chicago and had a slot machine and invited the workmen over to gamble and play cards . . . yeah, I got nothing. Seriously, though, I haven't been around for a bit, but I like people to be happy, and you seem like a pleasant person, so I want you to be happy as well. I will be back later, so please be happy and positive!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 07:05:00 am »

...Magnum, P.I. will show up any minute and let you ride his unicorn.

Couldn't there just be cuddles tonight?!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 12:41:28 pm »

Idea for new rule: Before you post a message about your hella depression, you have to find a strip to illustrate your state of mind to link to.  The point is not just to amuse us, but that time spent searching through the archives is good for the the mental health. Ketel One goes better with Achewood!

I am also Italian on one side but the only criminal I knew of on that side was quite incompetent.  I think we came over too late for the Roaring Twenties and so on - maybe the mob was all filled up by the time we got here. Sorry!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 01:59:59 pm »

I have connections within the Velvet Mafia.  If you want someone to make snide comments for you, or like... passive-aggressively cause someone to doubt their style sense and/or personal value, I have people.  But then you're a dancer, so I'm sure you have similar connections anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, the carnations are still on my desk, and they're moving from "half-dead" to "sorta' rotting."  I want to leave them there so that the asshole who put them there deals with them, but I know I'll just get annoyed in a couple days and deal with it myself. (Beat)  Okay - I'm back.  I just removed the rotting carnations, changed the water and kept the not-rotten ones.  That'll show 'em!  (Still, carnations are a shitty flower.)

Anyway... a spoonful of space honey takes the pain away.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 03:42:28 pm »

I have connections within the Velvet Mafia.  If you want someone to make snide comments for you, or like... passive-aggressively cause someone to doubt their style sense and/or personal value, I have people.

I wanted the Velvet Mafia to be about very different things than this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 07:44:05 pm »

I don't have any Mafia contacts, but my grandfather was in the Knights of Columbus. If you need some very old German-American men to show up and start saying Hail Marys and Our Fathers in a very dense rural-Minnesotan accent at some subject of your ire, I can get that for you.

(The Gentleman Caller is half-Italian, but he takes all such comments with great personal indignation -- and besides, all I could get from his family is possibly ambush nerds. Need some slash fanfiction, stat? I can make calls.)
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 08:21:13 pm »

Ambush nerds?  Urban Dictionary and Google are as mystified by this term as I am.  Please define.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »

my great-grandfather killed some guys once!

that is the closest I can get to mafia connections. So sad.

WAIT, I LIED my dad's... uncle maybe? was in the mafia. The Irish mob, really. in Boston. He used to just throw money away, apparently. They had a whole 2-car garage filled with clothes; they bought clothes constantly because his wife didn't like doing laundry.
 He hired my dad a hooker once-- my dad did not realize why she was so flirt-ey until later, when his uncle said "what, you don't like blondes? I wish I'd known Bobby, I would have gotten you a different one."
He died of natural causes, and his daughter and wife disappeared. They left a message saying they had moved to the west coast. No one has heard of them since.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up