Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks small, is small... feels small.  (Read 6864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 04:39:27 am »

Hooray for your good news.  Now go relentlessly kick some ace.

I have absolutely no mafia connections.  I am about as waspy as they come.  I come from a vast array of white-boy preachers, car dealers, insurance agents, bureaucrats, minor merchants and generalized petit boirgouisie.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 04:43:29 am »

Heh. You guys just want cans. ;)

Just teasing. I genuinely appreciate your support. Have a can each. :)

You know, Felix, your bit about your relative in the UK totally made me think of the classic noir film "The Conformist," which is funny because the main character is an Italian hitman working for Mussolini's cronies, so, kinda the opposite of your relative. But it's what popped into my head.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 05:47:07 am »

Hooray for your good news.  Now go relentlessly kick some ace.

I have absolutely no mafia connections.  I am about as waspy as they come.  I come from a vast array of white-boy preachers, car dealers, insurance agents, bureaucrats, minor merchants and generalized petit boirgouisie.

Heh!!! that reminds me of when I was preparing for Eve Ensler's play "The pu$$y Monologues". One of the monologues has a laundry list of moans, including "The WASP moan" which is silent. Everyone cracks up.

It turned out that half the women in my group didn't know what it meant. They just laughed because everyone else did. I explained that WASP means White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, and that those types are considered to be super-uptight so their most impassioned vocal expression during lovemaking would be a SILENT moan. It's a pretty old term, I guess, which is why nobody knew what it meant, I guess?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 05:54:00 am »

a bunch of my friends here had never heard it. Whereas until recently I was not aware of the "JAP" concept.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 09:23:02 am »

What's the JAP concept?

I didn't realise the protestant part till a couple of years ago, up till then I knew WASP by it's variant 'White Anglo Saxon Prick'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 09:28:47 am »

As I heard the "J.A.P." concept, it is short for "Jewish American Princess".

Basically the cliche of young ladies of the Tribe being materialistic shrill sexually-frigid daddy's girls.

I knew many girls who were like this at college who were Jewish. However, I knew many girls who were like this who were Catholic and I knew many girls who were like this who were Miscellaneous Christian Whateverthefuck.

The common denomination was not in their faith but in the fact that they were Born Rich... and that warped them far far more than their faith or ethnicity ever could imagine to.

It confused me, at first, too... because I thought they were using the WW2 derogatory for the Japanese I would always see on old comics.

"Why are they accusing clearly Caucasian girls of being Japanese? I don't get it."

Then it was explained. There was education.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »

That's very nice to have resurrected the project.

Quote from: MoF
The Monkey-Wrench-Thrower will be in the game now, though (she was absent for most if the initial phases), and that affects things substantially. So I'll have to be a bit more assertive and cagey. Or start slipping unwise amounts of Ex-Lax into her coffee. *evil grin* Still, as they say, It's ON.

As a wrench picker from way back I advise you to lay away your own supply of monkey-wrenches and to warm up your throwing arm. Letting wrench snipers lay in the weeds is rarely a good idea. Best to smoke 'em out and neuter them, or better yet evens, co-opt them to your cause (in their own self preservation if necessary).

ALSO: sMets brings up an interesting idea about monied broad-spawn. I went to a private university and noticed the same thing. I'd like to add though, that the ones so afflicted also seemed to be the ones who were perhaps not so bright either. It seemed to be a substitution type thing as the really very furiously smart gals (monied or not) (and guys) had too much other activity in their intellectual life to spare much wattage for accoutrements of status/money.
Logged
We must repeat!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 10:15:13 pm »

Good luck, MoF. I am back at work today, and boy do I know how having things like that happen sucks. In spades. I am pulling for you, though, in the spirit of all down-trodden cube farmers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 05:35:11 pm »

I have no idea what the hell your project is*, but I look forward to updates on your quest for revenge and fulfillment.


*It will probably be best if we never know, but are always wondering. Briefcase from Pulp Fiction, etc.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:44 pm »

Heh!!! that reminds me of when I was preparing for Eve Ensler's play "The pu$$y Monologues".

Just saw this last time home with my lovely bride. She purchased a pair of panties with the phrase "I love my cunt" printed on the front. Has anyone seen these at any other productions of VM? Does anyone know where I could order these? I think they would make thoughtful gifts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 07:15:26 pm »

the production at my school made these shirts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 08:41:32 pm »

I will hella post my shirt and pins as soon as I get them. One of our local artists designed the shirts and they're fantastic.

We also made "Va-jolly Roger" pins that kick ass. Yes...like the Jolly Roger pirate flag but with pu$$ys. AWESOME.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 09:15:47 pm »

the production at my school made these shirts.

You are disturbingly similar to me.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 09:16:49 pm »

I will hella post my shirt and pins as soon as I get them. One of our local artists designed the shirts and they're fantastic.

We also made "Va-jolly Roger" pins that kick ass. Yes...like the Jolly Roger pirate flag but with pu$$ys. AWESOME.

Umm, how would a person go about securing a pin/a shirt/etc?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Looks small, is small... feels small.
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:27 pm »

You are disturbingly similar to me.

Okay, if Fooker and the inev are the same person, Ash and diskette-head-mangling are the same person and Terry and Judy are the same person, then my vote is that all 6 of 'em are actually just St. Zartan making the message board into some insane art project.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up