Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunt's Move  (Read 3162 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hunt's Move
« on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:34 am »

I can't find the strip that invented this meme.  Or is that a TOUAMB meme?  Help?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:32:58 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09252006

Adapted from this strip.

Hi Paul!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:35:55 am »

Specifically I think you are responsible Paul.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:38:01 am »

wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:38:33 am »

I believe we were discussing Bensington's preference to Hunts over Heinz and how that it a clear indicator of his not-being-classy because it is clear that Heinz is the classiest of over-the-corner working-man's ketchups.

There are probably classier ketchups that one can lift from the Four Seasons' mini-bar or what have you, with umlats and pictures of rustic tomato farms and sepia-toned labels, but the collective subconsciamatron agrees that a preference toward Hunts is a portent of non-classiness.

I... think... it only became full-born as a meme on the actual board, though.

In the body of the Mexican Realism arc, it was merely implied.

EDIT: Ah! I see. The unclassiness of Hunts was firmly established but the specific term "Hunt's Move" was created here.

I sit in front of my computer, corrected.

Hopefully I have helped.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:45:04 am »

Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

I think Misterque took him and Hobot away to his mystical island in the sky.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:54:30 am »

wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

He did.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:01:04 am »

wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

He was here yesterday.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 02:49:52 am »

How embarrassing.


...and thanks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 06:46:45 am »

Bensington Butters is a man of low taste. I can't even visit the condiment aisle at the grocer's without laughing maniacally and having people give me weird looks.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:43 pm »

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hunt's Move
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:52 pm »

You'd think Bensington would have picked this one, if only for the linguistic similarity:
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up