Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Wish Lists  (Read 6547 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Amazon Wish Lists
« on: September 30, 2003, 08:21:51 pm »

Does anybody use this?

I only added titles to it because Amazon offered me a $10 coupon if I added 100 items to mine.

Still, going through stuff that I wanted was a lot of fun, and it got me to thinking about Polyannas and how the Amazon Wish List would be perfect for an office gift exchange.

Which brings me to suggest that it may be fun to have an Achewood board polyanna.  We could set a price range that everyone who participates could afford, and it would be neat to get each other something and not know what it is.

Here's a link to mine:
http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/2BIGZX73EUPWO

And you could probably tell a lot about a person by the stuff on their list.


 

And of course if anyone wants to make me happy they could always send me something that's on my list just because

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:29:48 pm »

Ah, yes. The Xmas season is coming (or its here, I'm not sure anymore). Do you have to get an email, jough, or is this a standing offer for all members? If so, I wants my money-- I know there are at least a hundred things I want.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 10:36:06 pm »

I got an e-mail because I've been an Amazon.com customer for seven years now (!).

So I don't know if they have a promo for everyone or not.

But PM me (or just post, I guess) if you're interested in the "prisoner exchange."

Much fun there is to be had.  By all.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 11:08:50 pm »

I would consider this, albeit I would have to set up an Amazon.com wish list thing.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 11:23:26 pm »

Yeah, it's only fun if you add a bunch of stuff, since if you only add one item you won't be surprised.

For those interested, please keep in mind that most people don't have a lot of disposable income, so try to keep it to CDs, DVDs, books, etc.

Although if someone wants to send me an HD plasma tv, I won't complain. ;)

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 06:27:16 am »

This was kind of fun. Especially when they tried to recommend things to me. "If you liked Blood for Dracula, you'll love Stuart Little 2!"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 06:44:35 am »

That's just the generic link to the wish list maker itself.

Unless you happen to pick all of the schlock they're trying to push, like the Oprah's Book Club titles.

The way I found out my link was by using the "E-mail my list to a friend!" option and selecting only myself on it.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 10:31:11 am »

D'uh... It worked fer me.

Try this:  http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/4B4TNXXFPU0Y
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 12:37:32 pm »

Amazon.com pisses me off.  I don't use them.  But there is a nifty little site called ThingsIWant.com on which you can create a central wish list across every site on the web.  I'd be willing to do a gift exchange if Jough doesn't force us to use Amazon.  And I think folk can probably set their own limits as to what they can spend, n'est-ce pas?  

The question is, how would we go about "drawing names?"
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 01:30:49 pm »

P.S. Why the hell is this in "The Ball Room?"  Shouldn't it go in "Community" or "The Lounge?"
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 05:35:35 pm »

FeeReep: It worked for you because Amazon.com pulled a cookie off of your computer and logged you in to your own list.  That link you sent looked for our cookies, and those of us who had one just logged us into our own lists.  But then the session ID wasn't right, so it redirected us to the generic "Make a Wish List" page.

Yes, that second link works.

JLD: We don't *have* to use Amazon.com - in fact, everyone could choose their own site that allows public lists, as long as they can post the URL, since we have to post URLs anyway.

And I could write a script to assign partners (secretly) so that not even I know who has who (since if I participate I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

It may take some time to get this all together, but the holidays are after all coming up.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 09:10:49 pm »

Whee!  This is fun.  How do we sign up?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 09:21:58 pm »

Just PM jough or post here that you're interested.

I guess we'll give people the month of October to sign up and build their lists.
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 11:06:54 pm »

I'm in -

AlohaDawg's Amazon Wish List

OR, using the JLD-approved list:

AlohaDawgs ThingsIWant List

(edited to add the ThingsIwant list. Nifty!)
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Amazon Wish Lists
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 02:54:58 am »

Quote
FeeReep: It worked for you because Amazon.com pulled a cookie off of your computer and logged you in to your own list. That link you sent looked for our cookies, and those of us who had one just logged us into our own lists. But then the session ID wasn't right, so it redirected us to the generic "Make a Wish List" page.


That is why I lead with the "D'uh".

what kind of cookies are they?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up