Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Daylight's Saving of Time  (Read 18386 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:06 pm »

Thanks to Smells I've not gotten any work done for the past half hour, and have found another contender for Wombat's next avatar - Pua the Tamandua.

OMFG. Well it is a good thing I didn't have any other plans for the day...


I worked with a tamadua for a while.  Here is a picture of it with my shoe.

http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/shoeater.jpg



Edit: Oh no - she has a blog too.  See you much later.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:07:11 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2007, 03:14:56 pm »

Oh god, tamandua in a sweater in a mop bucket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamanduagirl/402369968/

If I didn't have that strict rule about people not changing avatars I would be so tempted.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 04:26:07 pm »

That is straight-up madness.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 06:14:18 pm »

OMFG. Well it is a good thing I didn't have any other plans for the day...

Rather. I think I managed to lose another half hour again, after posting that. If I weren't so strict about not wanting to take on unsuitable pets (that is ones that I don't think it should be encouraged for people to start keeping) I would so nab one of them instantly.

And erm... I'm sure they'd hate DST too. Yea, see what I did there?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:09 pm »

Well done!

You don't want a tamandua. They have the nastiest poop I ever worked with. I suspect it had something to do with the diet we were feeding but I would be very reluctant to risk it. Really unbearable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2007, 06:59:37 pm »

That statement makes me think you've got a broad enough baseline for comparision to make it a fairly definitive statement.

Colour me impressed for hilarity.

I read this place for perfect little gems of knowledge like that.
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2007, 07:30:42 pm »

um, that sloth was terrifying. Utterly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »

What sloth???

Yes, I do have a very broad basis for comparison.  I recommend you check in with me for the poopometer rating before making any animal purchases.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2007, 07:40:38 pm »

yeah, um, the sloth in that video. the baby sloth.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:12 pm »

Damn. Certainly I can do without, well... poop of any kind (note the anti-baby comments)! Even house training a puppy, regardless how damn cute it may be ends up being months of torture for me, and that only ever involved pee. I just despise it when the cloth goes all warm... Ack!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2007, 08:07:44 pm »

What sloth???

Yes, I do have a very broad basis for comparison.  I recommend you check in with me for the poopometer rating before making any animal purchases.

You and R. Stevens should have a Poop Battle to determine who the real Poopmaster is.

Ready the Poop-o-drome!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2007, 08:17:06 pm »

yeah, um, the sloth in that video. the baby sloth.

Oh! We have moved on to anteaters. Keep up!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2007, 08:33:52 pm »

Someone ought to sketch out how we got from Daylight Savings to anteaters and send it to The Internet Hall of Fame. I am genuinely proud of this one.

Especially since it didn't in any way go through The Kevin Bacon of Internet Topics, pornography.

If we can get from Daylights Savings to anteaters, seamlessly and without passing through ladies making love to items that one would usually drink soda out of, we have collectively won the 'net.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »

Oh! We have moved on to anteaters. Keep up!

No.  We're still on "animals that look like aliens but are somehow still kinda cute" catagory.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2007, 09:11:02 pm »

Especially since it didn't in any way go through The Kevin Bacon of Internet Topics, pornography.

I did in my head.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up