Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Daylight's Saving of Time  (Read 18350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 01:55:46 am »

What if you tried doing it silently?

Bleah. You wouldn't believe how fast I'm getting more and more ill today. I woke up and couldn't swallow, and now I just feel like poop. So bleah.
Now I'm going to soak my bed in olbas oil and pray I can get some sleep.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 02:05:15 am »

No picking on people's spelling and no changing of avatars!  WAAAAH.

Sorry, it's been a rough day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 02:15:09 am »

Fuck that guy. That really sucks, s_s. I never think of smaller Alaskan communities as having those sorts of problems, like we do in PDX or even in Anchorage. However, I am glad to hear that your SO lives there - your reference in another thread to being far away from your family made me think you two were seperated 11.5 months out of the year. Yick.

See I thought you confused my intentional estrangement from my family with significant distance from my family - it's an emotional void, not a void of land, water and rocks you see.  Confusing me with Linnea is really a compliment anyway.  Though I don't know about all the money for perfume.  I usually feel guilty if I spend too much money on soap or fancy toothpaste and such things, so there is a vital difference there.  The difference is she treats herself more nicely than I do myself.

Dammit! mel, you are rad. I demand that you get some vital princess time in PRONTO.

omba, I wish I could come down there and beat the hell out of everyone who is Making You Sad.

and Nabu, I ain't got a S.O. It is the rad single life for me.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 02:19:02 am »

Had to jump on it as I, myself, was razzed earlier for typoing on "area".

It's like, y'know, such as in the Old West.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 02:27:48 am »

Dammit! mel, you are rad. I demand that you get some vital princess time in PRONTO.

omba, I wish I could come down there and beat the hell out of everyone who is Making You Sad.

and Nabu, I ain't got a S.O. It is the rad single life for me.

Well, now I kind of do feel bad even more. Is it ok if I change my avatar to this? No one will mistake me for other people, I don't think.

I'm sorry about you being so far from your family, linnea. I'm sorry about you having a bad day, Wombles. I'm sorry about the vehicle vandalism, s_s.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 03:26:04 am »

Bleah. You wouldn't believe how fast I'm getting more and more ill today. I woke up and couldn't swallow, and now I just feel like poop. So bleah.
Now I'm going to soak my bed in olbas oil and pray I can get some sleep.

Hope you feel better soon, Ace.

Also, WTF is olbas oil?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:56 am »

Is it ok if I change my avatar to this?

NOOOOO.

What is that even? NOOOOO.


omba, I wish I could come down there and beat the hell out of everyone who is Making You Sad.
 

I am not so much Sad as ON EDGE. There are actually good possibilities that I am waiting to hear about, but they all may come to nothing and the waiting is torture. And I was actually content with the idea of being unemployed and working in the garden for a while before all kinds of monkey wrenches were thrown into that plan.

But I am pleased to imagine you coming down here and inserting hell of medical devices into everyone who is making me CRAZY.  Hurry up and make your decisions people or a tough Alaskan woman is going to CATHETERIZE you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2007, 11:33:22 am »

Hope you feel better soon, Ace.

Also, WTF is olbas oil?

Thankyou kindly, good sir.

And it's a mixture of essential oils that is a horrible but very effective inhalant decongestant. Cajuput, clove, eucalyptus oils, that kind of thing.

And you wouldn't believe how much it hurts me to misspell anything. It's like dropping a knife on my foot, which I'm also fairly likely to do at the moment.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2007, 01:29:54 pm »

On the subject of avatars, wombat - this clip made me think of you.  If you ever change your avatar, change it to this clip, okay?

On the subject of daylight savings time, the damn time changed has confused my cats by throwing off their feeding schedule.  This morning at about 5 AM the cat decided to ask for breakfast by screaming at the top of his little lungs for 30 minutes. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:51:47 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:57 pm »

this clip made me think of you.

*cough*I sent that immediately to my friend with the comment - omg omg omg omg.
It makes perfect sense for a sloth to yawn, but I've never seen one do so. Hell, I've never seen a sloth look tired!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2007, 01:57:56 pm »






<---- This is Al Green. We saw him on our honeymoon. Now that we've lost James Brown and Barry White, he's the perfect combination of the good qualities of each of those gentlemen . . . . and not just because of the interesting coincidence in their surnames.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2007, 02:03:50 pm »

On the subject of avatars, wombat - this clip made me think of you.  If you ever change your avatar, change it to this clip, okay?

On the subject of daylight savings time, the damn time changed has confused my cats by throwing off their feeding schedule.  This morning at about 5 AM the cat decided to ask for breakfast by screaming at the top of this little lungs for 30 minutes. 

I don't think I could use that clip. How could anyone ever concentrate on anything else on the board with that playing over and over? It would not be fair.

As for cats - I once saw a print of a drawing of a couple lying in bed with cats walking restlessly all over the bed and the room with the title "No Daylight Saving Time for Cats."  I have been kicking myself for years now that I did not buy it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2007, 02:04:17 pm »


<---- This is Al Green. We saw him on our honeymoon. Now that we've lost James Brown and Barry White, he's the perfect combination of the good qualities of each of those gentlemen . . . . and not just because of the interesting coincidence in their surnames.

What is on the wall next to him?  I can't see it on this screen.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2007, 02:06:36 pm »

I'm not sure - I've never seen the picture any larger than it is right now. Probably newspaper clippings or somesuch. I should probably just cut that part off. Actually, I probably shouldn't even use it, being it's someone else. I'll have to cogitate on this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »

Thanks to Smells I've not gotten any work done for the past half hour, and have found another contender for Wombat's next avatar - Pua the Tamandua.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up