Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: OC on Fire  (Read 3050 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
OC on Fire
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:27:06 pm »

DAMMMIT!

You fuck*ng haters must've set my home on fire using the collective power of the TOUAMBIE hive mind.

If you've caught CNN yesterday/today you can enjoy those fine pictures of my home area like, totally, on fire. If they show the blurb of people leading livestock down the street anymore, that's the other side of my block. I get to stay home today as we're still under a voluntary evacuation call, but things are looking much better for the moment.

Now if that onshore wind switch just holds off a while...

BTW, root cause was prolly some a-hole pushing a stolen car off the tollway and setting it on fire to hide evidence. Funny, the last time I had to sweat a fire problem in 2000 it had THE SAME EXACT CAUSE.
Logged
We must repeat!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 04:19:42 pm »

BTW, root cause was prolly some a-hole pushing a stolen car off the tollway and setting it on fire to hide evidence. Funny, the last time I had to sweat a fire problem in 2000 it had THE SAME EXACT CAUSE.

Town on fire, and caused by thieving jerkwads... And you stood up for this place why exactly?

I'm not really being serious, I just like living somewhere peaceful where crazy evil shit doesn't really happen. I consider it a lifestyle choice.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:02:31 pm »

man, at least you don't have earthquakes or horrible smog or traffic like LA does.

...but seriously, I really love LA. A lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:27:26 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, a train blew up 45 minutes from my parents' house and shut down all east-west travel in Central New York for the day. A propane train. It's a good thing the snow pack is fire resistant.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:33:17 pm »

That sucks man.  Be safe.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »

As mentioned elsewhere, my car and my SO's car were both vandalized.  For my SO this is the 3rd time in 1.5 yrs.  It is shitty ST, personally I blame daylights savings time.  I hope you're doing okay.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:51:13 pm »

...personally I blame daylights savings time.  I hope you're doing okay.

Thanks, we're over the worst of it and it seems to be contained at least. Not much property damage for anyone, fortunately. Lots of smoke and soot and ash still. It's a stay indoors day for sure.

Blame DST. That is lovely.
Logged
We must repeat!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:59:02 pm »

Glad all is well and that youve survived the god's retort to our meddling with the space-time continuum.
 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:12:16 pm »

Be safe and take care, okay?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 09:30:07 pm »

I like California. Please be safe.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 02:37:40 am »

Dude! It was not TOUAMB hive-mind that did this to your residence.

I hope you're okay. Where the hell do you guys get water for firefighting? That's why I'm not a wildland firefighter... you have to carry everything on your back. 55 pounds of bunker gear is all I can handle, so adding a chainsaw, water pack, shovel, and God knows what else to that would render me totally useless.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 05:18:41 am »

Dude! It was not TOUAMB hive-mind that did this to your residence.

I hope you're okay. Where the hell do you guys get water for firefighting? That's why I'm not a wildland firefighter... you have to carry everything on your back. 55 pounds of bunker gear is all I can handle, so adding a chainsaw, water pack, shovel, and God knows what else to that would render me totally useless.

Fighting forest fires in rural Virginia was hell of fun. See in a structure fire theres all that property to worry about. In the forest we can even set things on fire ourselves if it suits us. We didnt carry much we had a great utility truck that could go almost anywhere and haul the "indian packs" of water an petrol along with the power tools. the only trouble is airpacks really.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 10:46:43 am »

I like Southern California and I would appreciate it if people would stop setting it on fire. Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 02:58:30 pm »

All contained and thanks for the nice thoughts. Just so you know info - We've only gotten 2.4" of rain since last July. This is like historic dryness for the area and means we're going to be hella dry for the entirety of the year unless we get some totally unuasual rainfall.

Expect more burnination, is basically what the data is saying (and people are afeared to).
Logged
We must repeat!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: OC on Fire
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 05:20:07 am »

But what about backyard barbque sir?  THERE WON'T BE ANYMORE BACKYARD BARBEQUE!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up