Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I move to?  (Read 15503 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2007, 07:19:44 pm »

Don't think I ordered those.  Pity.  What  years were you in Amherst?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2007, 07:39:31 pm »

dang, my mom and dad were there only 9 or so years prior!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:58 pm »

Don't think I ordered those.  Pity.  What  years were you in Amherst?

I try to forget but... I finished in the fall of 1991, so for the five years before that... fall 1986-spring 1991, right? I think that overlaps with nineteen years ago although of course I was in a program with no math requirement....

Oh man, you should have had those dumplings.  Dumplings, chicken in spicy tea sauce, and then Black Sheep Cake for dessert at the Black Sheep Deli.  Almost worth wasting five years in grad school for those memories.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:33 pm »

damn, them's prime Dinosaur Jr-meetin' years.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2007, 10:25:31 pm »

damn, them's prime Dinosaur Jr-meetin' years.

Mascis showed up at our house on Gray St. the night the Reverb Motherfuckers played in our basement.  Or so I'm told, I had no idea who he was and was tripping on mushrooms to boot.

Charlie Nakajima we saw all the time, and didn't particularly care.

Rather than gum up the rest of this thread of with Misty Watercolor Memories of Amherst Starring Wombat and Limmo, I'll just PM her later.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:13 am »

I saw a band called "Trojan Hearse" play in a basement once.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2007, 03:42:28 am »

I saw a band called "Trojan Hearse" play in a basement once.

I played Ping-Pong in a basement once.

OK, more than once.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2007, 03:58:19 am »

I diddled the neighbor in her basement more than once.

Well, not really, but I used to think about it a lot.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2007, 04:13:55 am »

As a kid, my neighbors were an aging butch lesbian couple and an eighty-year-old alcoholic.

Now that I am in Los Angeles, I of course know exactly zero of my neighbors.

So I've pretty much never fantasy-ed about a neighbor and definitely never in her basement.

As previously stated, I'm more of a front bushes guy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2007, 04:19:23 am »

hm. I have never known my neighbors in the period of time that I have been attracted to girls in any real way.

PS unless you count dorm-neighbors. In which case... it is very different.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2007, 04:31:31 am »

I diddled the neighbor in her basement more than once.

Well, not really, but I used to think about it a lot.

I have been there, brother.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2007, 05:15:49 am »

As a kid, my neighbors were an aging butch lesbian couple and an eighty-year-old alcoholic.

Now that I am in Los Angeles, I of course know exactly zero of my neighbors.

So I've pretty much never fantasy-ed about a neighbor and definitely never in her basement.

As previously stated, I'm more of a front bushes guy.

There are no basements here, so no point in starting that fantasy now.

Lots of front bushes, though.  Carry on.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2007, 06:03:28 am »

I saw a band called "Trojan Hearse" play in a basement once.

I saw a band called Gas Huffer play in an attic once.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2007, 06:04:29 am »

I diddled the neighbor in her basement more than once.

I diddled the neighbor, but we don't have basements in Houston.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2007, 06:06:05 am »

goin' back to Houston
do the hot dog dance
goin' back to Houston
get me some #####
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up