Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I move to?  (Read 15458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2007, 07:31:15 pm »

Fuck that joint. It kept trying to send me to ALASKA!

Seriously, I was getting the feeling it was trying to tell me I was not fit for the rest of humanity.
HILARIOUS!

I was sent to Maine, alaska, and new hampshire. This website understood my desire for cold isolated places.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2007, 07:37:26 pm »

ok, if I don't hit "strongly disagree" on things I don't care about, I still get Baltimore.

Seattle is near the top. as are knashville and knoxville, lexington, little rock...

OK, Charlotte is in the Top 10, and St Louis is in the top 24 or whatever. So, I'm happy now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2007, 08:03:42 pm »

I answered all those quiz questions and then chickened out about giving them all my personal information. I guess I'll never know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2007, 08:06:53 pm »

How can a fake person on the internet worry about real info?

1-800-philosophyblojob
Logged
We must repeat!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:33 pm »

Washington state, Florida and the Redneck Riviera, and Long Island.  Interesting.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2007, 09:30:59 pm »

I answered all those quiz questions and then chickened out about giving them all my personal information. I guess I'll never know.

Fake name!  Fake phone number!  It's easy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2007, 09:36:53 pm »

#1) Portland, OR - that's going to make things simple.
#2) Honolulu, HI - people actually live there?
#3) Baton Rouge, LA - that commute would suck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2007, 09:45:53 pm »

Fake name!  Fake phone number!  It's easy.

Oh, aren't you clever.

Well, they seem to be confused. I am pretty sure that Little Rock should not be as high as 5th place. And Norfolk VA in first place?  Didn't I say I wanted to live in a big city? Portland is 2 and Baltimore is 3, that's probably more like it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »

Oh, aren't you clever.

Well, they seem to be confused. I am pretty sure that Little Rock should not be as high as 5th place. And Norfolk VA in first place?  Didn't I say I wanted to live in a big city? Portland is 2 and Baltimore is 3, that's probably more like it.

Coooooooome to me, Wombles . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2007, 09:52:15 pm »

Nabu has inadvertently changed my life trajectory such that I am looking to live and work in alaska after college.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2007, 10:00:41 pm »

I was way too lazy to fill out the personal information form even with something fake.

As I am ridiculously ignorant regarding Places In The USA it probably was no great loss.

I guess if I ever decide to emigrate overseas I'll just have to entrust the decision to you lot.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »

Nabu has inadvertently changed my life trajectory such that I am looking to live and work in alaska after college.

I regret that I am unable to endorse this plan of action at this time. I hope it's not just my presence that is causing this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:38 pm »

I dunno - my understanding about Alaska is that its one of the last refuges for those who chafe under Big Government (as long as that shared oil revenue check keeps coming).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:28 pm »

I just want to be closer to you Nabu.
really I just like the idea of being in a cold isolated place and getting paid a premium for living in a place that other people dislike. Also this idea of living in a giant indoor compound fascinates me and I have no gripe with big oil.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2007, 10:53:01 pm »

I am all for people wanting to move and be closer to me. I can give that my blanket stamp of approval for any member of the board, without reservation.

I would say if a person was thinking that a permanent fund dividend check was going to make it economically feasible moving to AK, that would be like thinking that an extra $1000 would make moving from Orem UT to the middle of San Francisco fiscally sensible. However, if you chafe under The Man's iron grip, AK is for you. And the certainly make it worth my while to visit six months out of the year.

I actually feel quite guilty about it a lot of the time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up