Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 19960 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Hello, I suppose?
« on: March 15, 2007, 05:21:16 am »

Hello everyone.

My name is Thomas. I live in Cupertino or San Francisco depending on the time of week. I am a menial office worker with ambitions of librarianhood. Ideally, I would sit behind a computer that my patrons could not see the screen of and point to where the nonfiction section is. I am the sort of person who thinks this would be severely awesome. My favorite liquids are earl grey and Jägermeister and my favorite past-time is bicycle polo.

I've read Achewood for a sort of short time, and am sort of totally in love with it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:31:31 am »

based on... every single thing you just listed... I think we will get along nicely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 05:42:46 am »

I am pretty much pro your introduction as well... except that all librarians should be Hot Ladies.

Could this be why you are not a librarian yet?

Perhaps you should either get Hot Lady Surgery or get into a non Hot Lady dominated field.

(And yes, I know, most librarians are old ladies. But they were Hot Ladies once! That is how life works, Hot Ladies eventually become old ladies. This is how people are designed. They earned continuous employment by being Hot Ladies at some point in time, this is what matters.)

Other than that, A++ first post, fast shipping, good packaging, would read again.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:31:31 am »

Yeah this guy is either one of us or he's created an elaborate identity to carry off a complicated long-game trolling.
Either way I'm impressed.

By the way, it's not Tea-eh-Time-eh is it?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:01 am »

Welcome aboard, Member #666!

I was worried that whoever who got that number might only post here once or twice and then call it quits, but you sound like a dude who is likely to stick around.  That makes me happy.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:19:06 pm »

I was worried that whoever who got that number might only post here once or twice and then call it quits, but you sound like a dude who is likely to stick around.  That makes me happy.

Ands strangely, when I discover someone drinks Earl Grey they go up about ten points* in my estimation... Welcome aboard. May the sick fuckery amuse you as it amuses us, and may you contribute both willingly and abley.

*such points are completely arbitrary and not exchangable for any known contemporary currency. Maybe a groat or two however...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 12:32:18 pm »

What are your thoughts on wealth distribution and ranch dressing?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »

I thought for a while that it would be good to be a librarian, but the way libraries are going these days, it would probably just end up depressing for me. If I can't tell a kid who wants to know where to find a book about lemurs to go look it up in the damn card catalogue, there's no point. Oh, how I miss card catalogues!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 04:11:38 pm »

Oh, how I miss card catalogues!

In some sort of sepia-soaked way I miss them as well - as a user.  If I actually had to maintain one, ugliness would result.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 04:19:04 pm »

I worked in a library, with card catalogs.  I got hit on a lot.  Something about the quiet - the discreet whispering of "what are you doing tomorrow night?" is a lot less frightening than asking it outloud I suppose.  Later I worked at a comic bookstore, where all the men were generally afraid of me.

Welcome Tea.  I love Earl Grey, but love Lady Grey even more. 

On the two separate occasions I've had Jägermeister it has been a man-buying-shots-for-a-group-of-girls situations, and both men (who are totally unaffiliated to each other, and are of two totally different social circles) jokingly said "it'll put hair on your chest!" to all the ladies.  Is this, like an official Jägermeister drinking tradition or something?  Either way, those will be the only two times I'll ever drink Jägermeister anyway.  Jägermeister is not my friend.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 04:53:25 pm »

Fuck Jäger, but welcome Spawn of Satan anyway!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

I've never really liked Earl Grey, but I think that's just because I love the flavour of tea so much that there's really nothing you can add to it that doesn't just make me like it less.

I'm not yet really any more a part of this wonderful and scary little world than you, but hello anyway!

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:16 pm »

Oh wow. I was not expecting this sort of response. My mind can only manage this as a list. Apologies for the aesthetic sacrifice.

theinevitable: Thanks! I have yet to find a member of this board that I thought was not an Alright Cat Or Chick.

lfm: Um, thanks again. Y'all are really sweet.

Doc: It's just ˈtē-ˌtīm, thank you.

At about this time, I realize how repetitive and boring this is like to be. Summary: I vastly prefer computers to card catalogs on account of the latter does not let me read wikipedia while working. I am powerful fond of  licorice, therefore Jäger. I am unaware of any chest hair growth ritual it is a part of. I would like Earl Grey even if Douglas Adams and Jean-Luc Picard did not consider it their tea of choice. I believe I am not the 666th member, but rather the 666th member to start a thread. Perhaps I am both.

I believe pretty strongly that social welfare should be a nation's top priority. I believe ranch dressing is almost always strictly inferior to honey mustard or simply oil and vinegar.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 05:32:40 pm »

Says here on the label that my current favorite infusion is Assam No. 5 TGBOP Boisahabi Malty
Second Flush. I don't know what half of these words mean, all I know is that it's awesome.
Also: welcome!
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 05:42:30 pm »

I have yet to find a member of this board that I thought was not an Alright Cat Or Chick.

I'll be handling that department for you, bubby.

Welcome, and please mix right in, elbows high for safety.
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up