Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 20006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:15 pm »

Welcome, Teatime. Your introductory thread is igniting card-catalog nostalgia in my soul (ah, for the days when libraries were mysterious!), which means you're all right by me.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

St. Zartran was a librarian.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »

St. Zartran was a librarian.

Based on his blogging at Last.fm he still is. He catalogs media in an area where country CDs are very popular. Then he mocks the libraries' music choices mercilessly.

Also Teatime is member 945. Jough has deleted 278 people (including whoever 666 was) and #1 is reserved. Which is why the front page says we have 666 members right now.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 09:06:52 pm »

(including whoever 666 was)

So all the while we've been discussing this the real Antichrist's whereabouts remain unknown.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 09:17:17 pm »

WELL BOO TO THAT

Oh, well.  It was fun while it lasted.  666 may not be the real Mark of the Beast anyway.

Education.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 09:23:51 pm »

Every topic on this messageboard that does not come back to Gourmet Food or Ladies Who Dig Ladies comes back to people missing Saint Zartan. This is neither a good thing or a bad thing.

It is just a thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

I will always wonder what would have happened if I'd stuck around the first time I registered. I registered, then somehow forgot the password, and couldn't re-register for a few months because my email address was already being used. When I finally got a gmail account I registered this SN.
I'm pretty sure that old nick got erased, though.

PS I am so confused about how there are 2 separate discussions going on about basically the same thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:03 pm »

I am so confused about how there are 2 separate discussions going on about basically the same thing.

Other boards threads go off topic, here they just all converge onto the same topic, see lfm re: Food, Ladies and Zartan.
We can probably add Hot Librarians/EMTs/Zooologists and Obscure Music to the list too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 11:23:10 pm »

It seems that we haven't really discussed obscure music in a while. Maybe I am wrong.

I am not pulling a Paul/Judy, I remember how I semi-randomly brought up Dinosaur Jr the other day. and the Wilco thread.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 11:46:59 pm »

I mentioned Trojan Hearse, so I am doing my part.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 02:36:46 am »

Teatime, welcome to the board. I am also a fan of the Earl Grey. A place that I used to frequent in Denver had Earl Grey Malts that were to die for.

I have a soft spot in my heart for librarians male and female, since my surrogate pa here in my part of Alaska is a librarian, and we go to the shooting range all the time. He casts his own bullets, and he's loaded me up with some 500 rounds. He and his wife are awesome people.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 02:56:31 am »

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both librarians.  (MIL retired)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 05:11:47 am »

Is your screenname pronounced "Teh-ah-tim-eh"?  if not, it should be.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 05:13:24 am »

It's just ˈtē-ˌtīm, thank you.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 07:55:05 am »

What does pulling a Paul/Judy entail?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up