Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 20005 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 08:30:15 am »

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe inev means that he is not unaware of information that he himself posted at some earlier time.  In this case, a reference to obscure music.

I've actually never listened to any Dinosaur Jr. before, but they sound like a band I might be interested in.  My dad owns some of their albums and I almost ripped them onto my laptop over Christmas, but I had limited time and went with his Kula Shaker albums instead.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 01:45:51 pm »

I wish my Dad listened to Dinosaur Jr.

He did just see Dave Mason; that's pretty cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 02:44:18 pm »

I was a big Dino Jr. fan in college.  But after a while, it seemed like all their albums sound the same.  "Green Mind" is my favorite.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 02:48:18 pm »

I've actually never listened to any Dinosaur Jr. before, but they sound like a band I might be interested in.  My dad owns some of their albums and I almost ripped them onto my laptop over Christmas, but I had limited time and went with his Kula Shaker albums instead.

Kula Shaker falls into the category of "bands that I know had one over-played radio single but that I remember nothing at all about otherwise." See also: For Squirrels and Train.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 03:02:56 pm »

personally I am currently obsessing over the song "The Lung." a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:31 pm »

Kula Shaker falls into the category of "bands that I know had one over-played radio single but that I remember nothing at all about otherwise." See also: For Squirrels and Train.

Their other stuff all sounds pretty similar, but I have this thing for wah-wah pedals so it works out alright for me, really.  They got back together recently and should be releasing a third album later this year.

I feel like I have this Magic Touch sometimes where I will discover a band I really like that broke up several years ago and then suddenly they will get back together again.  This happened for me last year as well (in a sense) with World Party.  If anyone has a favorite defunct '90s band they'd like to introduce me to, feel free to send me a CD or something and I'll try to work my mojo on it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 04:17:52 pm »

I'd ask you to do it with Alice in Chains, but with Lane Staley dead, that would take some zombification mojo.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 04:22:21 pm »

I have a friend who was so into Dinosaur Jr. that when I was listening to David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" and Quicksand came on, she said to me "I didn't know Bowie covered a Dinosaur Jr. song!" and... man... I just didn't know what to say.

What do you say to that?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 04:24:46 pm »

I have a friend who was so into Dinosaur Jr. that when I was listening to David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" and Quicksand came on, she said to me "I didn't know Bowie covered a Dinosaur Jr. song!" and... man... I just didn't know what to say.

What do you say to that?

You know what to say to that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 04:41:18 pm »

man, David Bowie? Really?

I just.. I just don't get him. Kind of like... a lot of musicians who are universally loved. Naming names only makes people dislike me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 04:46:34 pm »

man, David Bowie? Really?

I just.. I just don't get him. Kind of like... a lot of musicians who are universally loved. Naming names only makes people dislike me.

This can be fixed. I used to have no time for TMBG, and now I adore them.

But seriously, not liking Bowie? What are you, a child molester or something?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 05:25:14 pm »

Yeah, what the hell?  Do you eat kittens?  What is wrong with you?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 06:26:58 pm »

Yeah, we wished to trust you with our music, inev, but you have proven yourself of the crudest moral fiber.  I think you would shoot a baby.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 07:02:31 pm »

man, David Bowie? Really?

I just.. I just don't get him. Kind of like... a lot of musicians who are universally loved. Naming names only makes people dislike me.

tI is apparently the secret identity of Phantom Limb
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 07:04:23 pm »

damn. I knew it.

I also don't "get": The Boss, Sebadoh, Bright Eyes, free jazz, The Eagles (in this case, I will just say... I hate them.), James Taylor (again, hate.), Fleetwood Mac (again.), Pavement, (Most of) The Clash

GOUGE AWAY.

(I used to not "get": Neutral Milk Hotel, The Rolling Stones, The Who... I mean, theoretically if you go far enough back I only liked The Beatles and classical music. And Van Morrison.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up